İBB Şehir Hatları A.Ş.'s 5 Kuruş ferry services will start on Sunday morning, June 28. Passengers will be able to travel by paying 22 Kurus between 10.00 and 16.00 every day on 5 voyages. The decision will not apply to the Islands and ferry lines. Underlining that the practice is an important step to protect public health, City Lines Inc. General Manager Sinem Dedetaş said that it will contribute to both reducing the risk of contagion of coronavirus and reducing traffic congestion and air pollution.
At the meeting of UKOME (IMM Transportation Coordination Center) on Friday, June 25, İBB Şehir Hatları AŞ makes the decision that Şehir Hatları AŞ ferries can carry passengers for 31 Kuruş until 5 August, on Sunday morning, June 28. According to the decision, it will be possible to travel to 22 Kurus between 10.00-16.00 on 5 lines every day.
WE WANT TO INCREASE THE SHARE OF THE SEA
Noting that they want to increase the share of the seaway in public transportation, Şehir Hatları A.Ş. General Manager Sinem Dedetaş underlined that this decision is a step towards solution. In his statement on the subject, Dedetaş said:
“As you know, our President Mr. Ekrem İmamoğlu's goal is to increase the share of the seaway in public transportation. Our efforts continue to achieve this goal. We think that a step towards a solution has been taken in order to shift the travel habits into the sea, which we are working on with the relevant decision. We will collect the data by measuring the trips with this application, which will allow the determination of the travel habits that change due to the epidemic. We will analyze them and ensure that future planning is based on data. ”
WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE REDUCTION OF TRAFFIC CONFIDENCE AND AIR POLLUTION
Emphasizing that the increase in the share of the sea will reduce the traffic congestion and air pollution on the land, Dedetaş explained that they are doing other studies under the leadership of the Public Transport Department in order to direct the transportation habits towards the sea.
A STEP TO PROTECT PUBLIC HEALTH
Stating that the application will contribute significantly to reducing the risk of contagion of the coronavirus, Dedetaş said, “Moreover, the threat of coronavirus is not over yet. This practice is also a step taken to protect public health as the coronavirus reduces the risk of contagion and supports flexible working hours. ”
NOT APPLICABLE TO ISLANDS AND CARBATNAMES LINES
The reduced tariff, which will be valid until August 31, will not include the ferry lines with Adalar. The full list of lines where the discount is valid is as follows:
- Bosphorus round trip (Eminönü-Beşiktaş-Ortaköy-Emirgan-Paşabahçe-Beykoz)
- Çengelköy Beşiktaş Eminonu
- Üsküdar-Karaköy-Kasımpaşa-Fener-Balat-Hasköy-Ayvansaray-Sütlüce-Eyüp (Golden Horn line)
- Kadıköy-Besiktas Istinye-Sariyer
- Anadolu Kavağı-Rumeli Kavağı-Sarıyer
- Anadolu Hisarı-Various Bosphorus Piers-Eminönü
- Beykoz-Various Bosphorus Piers-Üsküdar-Kabataş
- Sarıyer-Various Bosphorus Piers-Eminönü
- Beykoz-Various Bosphorus Piers-Eminönü
- Çengelköy Beşiktaş Eminonu
- Çengelköy-Beylerbeyisi Beşiktaş Eminonu
- Eminönü-Beşiktaş-Arnavutköy-Emirgan-İstinye-Sarıyer- Rumeli Kavağı
- Üsküdar-Beylerbeyi-Çengelköy-Anadolu Hisarı- Kanlıca-Çubuklu-Paşabahçe-Beykoz-Anadolu Kavağı