Lawyer, before the court; It is the professional title given to the person who defends the rights of real or legal persons and guides in legal and legal affairs. The word lawyer is of Latin origin and means the person called to the court as a witness, the defender. The profession of attorneyship is carried out by people who have studied law, completed their legal internship and meet the conditions required by law.
What Does a Lawyer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The legal profession, defined as 'public service and self-employment' in Law No. 1136, basically represents individuals who ensure that legal issues and disputes are resolved in accordance with the law. Professional obligations can be grouped under the following headings;
- To carry out and finalize the proceedings regarding the follow-up of cases,
- To express legal opinion on relevant legal issues, if requested,
- To take legal measures to protect the interests of the institution and prevent disputes, to ensure that agreements and contracts are made in accordance with these principles,
- Examining the contract and specification drafts, the disputes between the institution and third parties and submitting legal opinions,
- To carry out works and transactions related to legal processes (decision correction, objection, appeal, etc.)
What are the Requirements to Become a Lawyer?
Persons who want to practice law in Turkey must be citizens of the Republic of Turkey. These individuals are expected to be graduates of law school. At the same time, it is required to have completed the attorneyship internship and to have received the internship completion certificate.
Conditions that prevent admission to the profession are as follows; to be imprisoned for more than two years for an intentionally committed crime or crimes against the security of the state, crimes against the constitutional order and its functioning, embezzlement, extortion, bribery, theft, fraud, forgery, breach of trust, fraudulent bankruptcy, bid rigging To be convicted of crimes of sedition, laundering of property values arising from crime, or smuggling.
How to do a lawyer internship?
The first six months of the legal internship, which covers a period of one year, is done in the courts and the remaining six months are held by a lawyer. The last six-month internship period is carried out with a lawyer who is registered with the bar association and has at least five years of experience in the profession.
Features That a Lawyer Should Have
- Have a systematic way of thinking
- Having high analytical power
- Playing a leading role in solving problems
- Having the ability to speak effectively
Lawyer Salaries 2022
The positions they hold and the average salaries they earn as they progress in their careers. Average salary is 7.810 TL, the lowest salary is 5.500 TL, and the highest salary is 16.390 TL.