Using special diving equipment and techniques, the diver performs underwater tasks such as search and rescue, underwater construction activities, and marine surveys.
What Does a Diver Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The general job description of the diver, also known as the diver, can be grouped under the following headings;
- To learn about diving tasks and environmental conditions,
- Taking appropriate safety measures, such as diving time and depth monitoring,
- Going underwater with diving equipment,
- To perform underwater search, rescue and cleaning operations,
- Perform offshore oil and gas exploration and extraction tasks such as conducting underwater surveys, repairing and maintaining drilling rigs and platforms,
- Checking docks, ships, drainage systems, power plant entrances, exits and underwater pipelines, cables, sewers, using closed circuit television, photographic and test equipment,
- Communicating underwater with workers on the surface using signal lines.
- By placing crane equipment around submerged objects, ensuring that they are brought to the surface,
- Repairing ships, bridge foundations and other structures below the waterline using hand tools.
- Installing piles and sandbags to support structures such as quays, bridges and platforms.
- Doing routine work on fish farms to breed marine species,
- training other divers, including hobby divers,
- Checking and maintaining diving equipment such as helmets, masks, air tanks, seat belts and measuring instruments.
What training is required to become a diver?
To become a diver, a certificate can be obtained from the CMAS / Confederation Mondiale Des Activites Subaquatiques (World Confederation of Underwater Activities) or the Turkish Underwater Sports Federation. Diving criteria vary according to the level of professionalism. To be a 1st class diver, it is necessary to graduate from the Underwater Technology departments of universities.
Features that a Diver Should Have
The qualities of the diver, who are expected to be calm, focused and determined, are as follows;
- Not having a health condition that would prevent diving,
- Mastering diving techniques
- To have knowledge about necessary safety and first aid measures,
- Demonstrate an inclination to teamwork,
- Detail oriented work.
Diver Salary 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of those working in the diver position are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 7.130 TL, the highest 12.470 TL.