In businesses; informatics, human resources, marketing, sales, service, supply, operation, shipment etc. The personnel who are responsible for the healthy functioning of the systems in the departments and for the design of new operating systems and their integration with existing systems are called business engineers.
What Does a Business Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The duties of business engineers, who are basically responsible for coordinating the administrative staff and technical staff, are generally as follows:
- To ensure the healthy progress of the processes in line with the goals and strategies of the company or business,
- To design the necessary systems for every field in the business,
- To take the necessary measures for the healthy functioning of the systems in the enterprise, to make the necessary renewals and improvements,
- Preparing the production plan,
- To support quality control processes,
- Identifying and intervening disruptions caused by malfunctions,
- Collecting and analyzing data in business processes,
- To take the necessary measures to ensure financial discipline,
- To support marketing activities.
Requirements to Become a Business Engineer
In order to become a business engineer, it is necessary to graduate from business engineering departments in the business faculties of universities. In our country, there are few public or private technical universities in Istanbul and the Mediterranean region. Graduates of different engineering faculties in different production segments such as metal, chemistry, natural gas, electricity, iron and steel, ship machinery are also considered as Business Engineer. Although it varies according to the sector in which the company is affiliated, the graduates of the following departments can be employed as business engineers, apart from the Department of Management Engineering:
- industrial engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Electrical electronics Engineering
- Electronic Communications Engineering
What Education Is Required to Become a Business Engineer?
Some of the courses in Business Engineering education, which includes courses such as economics, statistics, linear algebra, as well as physics, chemistry, and mathematics courses are as follows;
- Management and organization
- Cost accounting
- Human Resources Management
- Production planning and control
- Integrated system design
Business Engineer Salaries 2022
As Business Engineers progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 7.200 TL, the highest 11.300 TL.