He is the person who controls and protects the entrance and exit of all customs and goods at the customs gates at the land and sea borders and airport areas. In addition, it is the person who prevents and preserves the exit of all movable goods and properties that do not pass control.
What Does a Customs Enforcement Officer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- To ensure the surveillance, inspection and protection of bonded places and areas,
- To control land, sea, air and railway vehicles,
- Supervising the entrances and exits of passengers, goods and vehicles,
- To control the existence of products whose import and export are prohibited,
- Inspecting the vehicles coming from abroad meticulously and processing the contraband goods or products quickly,
- Seizing the products if the limit is exceeded by looking at the legal number or quantity of some products that are allowed to enter and exit,
- Searching the baggage coming from abroad to the airports with X-ray device,
- Taking illegal products into the warehouse by keeping a record,
- Being responsible for ships and yacht procedures and keeping them under surveillance 7/24,
- Working with the intelligence agency when necessary, fighting against smuggling,
- To take part in the judicial investigation within the framework of the rules determined by the public prosecutor,
- Creating, following up and sharing the smuggling file with the necessary units.
Requirements to Become a Customs Enforcement Officer
You can become a Customs Enforcement Officer if you meet the conditions in the Civil Servants Law No. 657, if you have graduated from the relevant departments, and if you do not have any obstacles to fulfill the profession.
What Education Is Required To Become A Customs Enforcement Officer?
In order to become a customs guard, it is necessary to graduate from the faculties of Economics and Administrative Sciences, Political Sciences, Business Administration or Law, which provide four-year education, or to graduate from the four-year "Customs Management" department of vocational schools.
Customs Enforcement Officer Salaries 2022
As Customs Enforcement Officers progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 6.170 TL, the average 7.710 TL, the highest 9.750 TL.
Günceleme: 07/01/2023 18:58