Azerbaijan Ministry of Defense, from Turkey Mechanical and Chemical Industry Corporation (MKEK) developed by KNT-76 is preparing to buy SRifle.
KNT-76 7.62x51mm Manga Type Sniper Rifle, developed by the Mechanical Chemical Industry Corporation with domestic facilities, is especially used by the commando units of the Gendarmerie General Command and the Land Forces Command.
According to the information conveyed by AzeriDefense, the KNT-76 Sniper Rifle, which was tested by the Ministry of Defense in the past period, achieved quite positive results in the tests. In this context, it is stated that the Ministry of Defense of Azerbaijan is in contact with the Turkish authorities for the supply of the first batch KNT-76 rifle.
KNT-76 Technical Specifications
- Working Method: Short Impact, Gas Piston Movable, Rotating Head Locking
- Diameter: 7.62x51mm NATO
- Barrel Length: 508 mm
- Gun Length: 1030 mm (Butt Closed)
- Weapon Length: 1110 mm (Stock Stock Open)
- Weight (without magazine): 5000 g
- Ignition Type: Semi-Automatic
- Distribution: 1.5 MOA
- Number of Groove Sets: 4
- First Speed: 805 m / s (Lapua HPS 170 grain), 840 m / s (MKE M80)
- Effective Range: 800 m
- Maximum Range: 3800 m
- Ignition Sensitivity: 15-25 Newton
- Magazine Capacity: 20
- Stock: Adjustable Cheek (Telescopic), 80 mm, 5 Stages
Source: Defense Industry