Following the publication of the Presidential Decree on receiving new applications in the Short Work Allowance, Minister of Family, Labor and Social Services Zehra Zümrüt Selçuk said that new applications will start again as of December 1, 2020, within the scope of the short work application due to the coronavirus.
Workplaces that did not apply before 30 June were also included
Stating that the workplaces that did not apply before 30 June with the Presidential Decree were also allowed to apply, Minister Selçuk said, “If our workplaces that did not apply for Short Work Allowance until 30 June due to coronavirus, they will apply to İŞKUR until 31 December 2020, up to 1 months for the period after 2020 December 3. "They will be able to benefit from the Work Allowance."
Workplaces that previously benefited from subsidies will be able to request SSI for additional workers.
Minister Selçuk also mentioned the situation of the workplaces that previously benefited from the allowance. Stating that workplaces that applied for short work due to coronavirus until June 30, may request Short Work Allowance for their additional workers; He said, "These workplaces will be able to apply by notifying their workers who have not benefited from short-time working before." Minister Selçuk stated, “There is no need for a new application for their workers who have benefited from short work in our workplaces previously and they can continue to benefit from the Short Work Allowance within the scope of the extension.
Selçuk also reminded that the periods paid as short-time work allowance will not be deducted from the unemployment benefits of the workers.
Applications will be made via e-Government
Minister Selçuk stated that short work applications can only be made via e-Government until December 31, 2020, and that no applications will be received via mail / e-mail, and that the start date of short-time work allowance can be notified as of 01 December 2020 or later.