Electrical engineer; works on the design, protection, project design and control of electricity generation, transmission and distribution systems. Performs necessary calculations and quality controls in the production of electricity generating equipment, vehicles and other equipment used in electricity distribution.
What Does an Electrical Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
From the point of generation to the point of consumption of electrical systems; The general professional obligations of the electrical engineer who carries out the design, installation and inspection works are as follows;
- Designing power tools, plants, components, equipment or systems,
- To design, install and operate electrical energy generating and consuming facilities,
- Ensuring that installation and operations comply with standards and customer requirements,
- Making detailed calculations for construction, manufacturing or assembly construction,
- Writing reports and compiling data on current projects and studies,
- Supervising and training project team members,
- To determine a budget plan by calculating cost and labor,
- Testing products with project managers to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
- Carrying out research activities to increase the working efficiency of electrical systems,
- Using computer-aided design and engineering software to create project plans and circuit diagrams.
- Testing installations and systems and performing data analysis,
- Ensuring that projects comply with safety regulations.
How to Become an Electrical Engineer?
In order to become an electrical engineer, it is necessary to complete the four-year Electrical Engineering departments of universities with a bachelor's degree and to register with the Chamber of Electrical Engineers.
Required Qualifications for an Electrical Engineer
- Having advanced technical skills,
- Demonstrate a predisposition to teamwork,
- Ability to work under stress and pressure
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and solve complex problems,
- To have effective planning skills,
- Being open to professional development,
- Demonstrate effective communication skills,
- Have strong mathematical and analytical skills.
Electrical Engineer Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of the Electrical Engineers are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 8.230 TL, the highest 16.150 TL.