Metallurgical engineer; examines the properties of metals, designs metal parts and supports the solution of problems that may occur in production. They play an important role in the mining industry as they are involved in the processing of materials in the mines. They are involved in various processing methods to convert various metals such as gold, silver, iron, copper and aluminum into more useful products. It can work in many fields such as civil engineering, aircraft manufacturing, automotive engineering and defense industry.
What Does a Metallurgical Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- Liaising with the manufacturer to determine design requirements,
- Managing daily production
- Dealing with the production and application of metals or their alloys,
- Coordinating with production managers, making improvements for the efficiency and technical reliability of the facility,
- Using advanced equipment such as X-ray devices, electron microscopes and spectrographs in research and development,
- Working with the mining engineer to coordinate the mining operation,
- Developing innovative solutions and prototypes to problems,
- Working together with the existing engineers and technical staff in the process of solving possible problems,
- Supervising operational quality control processes,
- Developing new test and repair processes,
- Researching and analyzing production problems,
- Classifying and keeping the data obtained as a result of the analysis,
- Ensuring the compliance of facility operations with environmental and safety procedures,
- To protect all quality assurance systems and targets with design processes,
- Taking part in the training and supervision of young staff
How to Become a Metallurgical Engineer?
In order to become a metallurgical engineer, it is necessary to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the Metallurgical and Materials Engineering Departments of universities, which provide four-year education.
Features Required for a Metallurgical Engineer
- Having technical skills
- Demonstrate analytical thinking skills
- To show a tendency to cooperation and teamwork,
- Demonstrate mathematical and scientific skills,
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrate effective communication skills.
Metallurgical Engineer Salaries 2022
The average salary of a Materials Engineer is 17550 _TL per month. The lowest Material Engineer salary is 10400 TL, and the highest is 24700 TL.