A zookeeper is a professional worker responsible for the care of animals in the veterinary faculties of universities or in zoos. In addition, pet owners are responsible for taking care of, walking and meeting the needs of animals while on vacation or at work.
The zookeeper generally works on test animals. Responsible for the care of test animals in drug production institutions or research universities. He also takes part in zoos affiliated to municipalities. Animal caretakers also work in zoos and aquariums owned by private companies. Those who take care of pets on a daily basis in return for money are those who practice this profession.
What Do Animal Sitters Do, What Are Their Duties?
The zookeeper is responsible for the feeding of the animals he is responsible for and the cleanliness of their habitats. Other duties of the zookeeper, who routinely report to the authorities about animal health problems, include:
- Responsible for the cleaning of animals,
- observing animals,
- If the subject is responsible for the animals, giving their medication,
- Warn the veterinarian or the person responsible for the animal if unusual behavior is exhibited,
- To support veterinary procedures,
- Preparing reports on animals if necessary,
- To inform visitors about animals for those working in zoos.
How to Become a Pet Sitter
In certain periods in Turkey, animal sitters are recruited to universities or zoos with the KPSS exam. To be appointed to these positions, you must graduate from high school and get enough points from KPSS. But generally, it will be enough to be a primary school graduate to work in the animal care staff of private companies. You must be able to read and write. For this task abroad, there is a requirement to study in Zoology, Biology or Veterinary Medicine. It will be an advantage for you to have a Biology or Veterinary degree for animal care in a private institution in Turkey. In addition, you must have experience in animal care and have sufficient knowledge of the type of animal to be cared for. Also if you want to be a pet sitter, you just have to love animals and fulfill the given tasks.
Persons who want to become Animal Sitters must have certain qualifications;
- Must love to take care of animals.
- Do not be afraid of animals.
- He should empathize.
- He must be patient.
- Must be careful and meticulous.
- Must be sensitive to animals.
- Understand the needs of animals.
- Must be knowledgeable about how to meet the needs of animals.
Animal Sitter Salaries 2022
The lowest Animal Sitter salary received in 2022 is 5.200 TL, the average Animal Sitter salary is 5.900 TL, and the highest Animal Sitter salary is 7.000 TL.