A rail systems engineer is a mechanical engineer who specializes primarily in rail systems. In line with the content of the training they received, they are also employed in areas such as the establishment and operation of elevator and cable car systems, and the construction of buildings using rail system technology.
What Does a Rail Systems Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Among the duties of rail system engineers, who design all kinds of rail vehicles and their equipment, plan their production and establish relations between systems;
- To be involved in all processes in the preparation phase of projects,
- To have knowledge in this field at a level that will contribute to the ground survey study,
- Contributing to feasibility studies,
- Contributing to the transportation plan,
- Creating periodic maintenance plans and ensuring the healthy progress of these plans,
- To organize repair work when necessary,
- Having information about reporting and giving feedback.
Requirements to Become a Rail Systems Engineer
In our country, those who have graduated from the Department of Rail Systems Engineering within the Faculty of Engineering of Karabuk University or who have completed the ITU Rail Systems Engineering Master's Program after graduating from the Department of Mechanical Engineering are employed as rail systems engineers.
What Education Is Required To Become A Rail Systems Engineer?
The railway network is a sector that is developing at full speed in our country and there is a need for specialized personnel. Among the trainings that should be taken to become a rail systems engineer;
- Fundamentals of Rail Systems Engineering
- Computer Aided Technical Drawing
- Rail Systems Vehicle Mechanics
- Transport Technology and Economy
- Patent and Industrial Design
- Subjects such as Plumbing Systems and Design.
Rail Systems Engineer Salaries 2022
As Rail Systems Engineer progresses in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 7.540 TL, the average 10.220 TL, the highest 12.900 TL.
Günceleme: 07/01/2023 18:59