Media Planning Specialist; plans the use of media so that communication activities such as advertising and public relations reach the targeted groups. Media Planning Specialists, who can generally work in media planning agencies, act in partnership with the employees of the agencies and brands that organize their communication activities.
What Does a Media Planning Specialist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The most important task of the Media Planning Specialist; It is the planning of advertisements on television, radio, social media, search engine and cinema. Other duties are listed as follows;
- Analyzing the content for media planning with all its dimensions,
- Planning expenses and determining the budget,
- Identifying target groups,
- Analyzing the communication work to be done,
- Evaluating the budget and determining the positive and negative aspects,
- Calculating returns and making necessary analyzes,
- Sharing all the outputs of the process with the brand and advertising or public relations agency.
What It Takes to Become a Media Planning Specialist
People who want to become a Media Planning Specialist must graduate from the departments of the Faculty of Communication, which provides four-year education. Apart from this, people who have graduated from different departments such as Economics or Sociology or who are still continuing their university education can also work as Media Planning Specialists.
Features that a Media Planning Specialist Should Have
The media planning field stands out as a very stressful field due to both workload and large budgets. Media Planners are expected to be disciplined to get things done both quickly and without errors. Other qualifications expected from a Media Planning Specialist are as follows;
- Knowledge of search engine marketing, social media marketing and email marketing,
- To have knowledge about media planning in traditional areas such as outdoor or television,
- To master the advertisement content distribution panels of social media applications such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram with search engine marketing,
- Knowledge of statistical languages such as R,
- To have mathematical processing ability to make a budget plan and other financial transactions,
- paying attention to details,
- Being open to creative ideas and producing new ideas,
- Have presentation knowledge and skills,
- To be suitable for teamwork.
Media Planning Specialist Salaries 2022
The positions they work for and the average salaries of the Media Planning Specialist as they progress through their careers are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 6.000 TL, the highest 7.630 TL.