The laboratory takes the sample samples requested by the experts, performs tests with the help of laboratory equipment and reports the results to the relevant units.
What Does a Laborant Do, What Are Its Duties?
The main task of the laboratory is to ensure the effective operation of the laboratory by following the procedures, health and safety instructions. The job description of the laboratory, who can work in many sectors, varies. The general responsibilities of professional professionals can be grouped under the following headings;
- Performing tests to help doctors diagnose and treat diseases
- Blood, toxic, tissue etc. taking, labeling and analyzing substance samples,
- Presenting test results as a report,
- Following accepted methodologies to accurately carry out routine tasks and analyzes.
- Operating and maintaining standard laboratory equipment such as pH meters,
- Providing security controls.
How to Become a Labant?
- Having the necessary dexterity to work with test tubes and sensitive laboratory equipment,
- Demonstrate the ability to use technical equipment with accuracy,
- Ability to work indoors
- Demonstrate the physical ability to work standing up for long periods of time,
- Having knowledge of laboratory equipment and computer programs used for testing,
- Demonstrate an inclination to teamwork,
- Have excellent verbal communication skills to work effectively with colleagues and explain complex techniques to interested parties.
- Writing technical reports,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Laboratories Salaries 2022
The lowest Laborant salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.300 TL, the average Laborant salary was 6.100 TL, and the highest Laborant salary was 9.500 TL.