Work at Istanbul New Airport Continues at Full Speed: Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications Minister Ahmet Arslan said that as of August 30, all work at the Istanbul New Airport will be completed and will arrive at the State Airports Authority (DHMİ). Speaking at a press conference on Istanbul New Airport, Minister Arslan gave the following messages:
- When Istanbul 3rd Airport is put into service on October 29, we will employ 100 thousand people.
- When Istanbul 3rd Airport is opened, we aim to start with 2.5 million tons of cargo this year and carry 5.5 million tons of cargo in the later phases.
- At the 3rd Airport, we will perform the 'flight check' of our first runway as of May 15, the second runway will be put into service on June 15.
25 minutes by metro
- As of August 30, all works at the 3rd Airport will be completed and will come to the temporary admission stage to DHMI.
- Construction of the metro line from the 3rd Airport to Gayrettepe has started, the journey will take 25 minutes.