Marmaray, the project of the century that connects the Asian and European continents under the sea, opens on October 29. The ceremony, which will be attended by President Abdullah Gül and Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan, as well as foreign statesmen, will take place today in Üsküdar.
An Istanbulite who gets on the metro from Kartal with Marmaray will be able to travel 37 kilometers to Zeytinburnu without interruption with a transfer to be made in Ayrılıkçeşme. This journey is completely underground and will take 25 minutes. In addition, a passenger from Üsküdar to Marmaray will have access to Sirkeci in 3 minutes. Marmaray is expected to carry 1,5 million passengers per day.
Citizens will be able to use Marmaray, which costs about 5 billion liras from now on. Those who board Marmaray for the first time will pay 1.95 TL. Those coming from other systems will pay 1.40 TL. To mention that; For Marmaray, no fee will be requested from the citizen until 1 November, free travel will be possible.
Marmaray depth issue is preoccupying everyone's head. The depth of Marmaray, which seems like a dream, is exactly 60 meters. It is the deepest tunnel in the world with 60 meters. The length of the Marmaray tube crossing is 1,4 kilometers.
Marmaray project technical information
- Superficial subway section length - 63 kilometers,
- Number of Stations on the surface - 37 units,
- Total Length of Railway Strait Tube Section 13,6 kilometers,
- Drilling tunnel length - 9,8 kilometers,
- Immersed tube tunnel length - 1,4 kilometers,
- 2,4 kilometer length of cut-and-close tunnel,
- Number of underground stations - 3
- Station length - less than 225 meters
- The number of passengers in one direction - 75 thousand
- Maximum slope - 18
- Number of tools - 440
- Number of train trips - 2-10 minutes