Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Specialist Assoc. Ahmet İnanir gave important information about the subject. Low back pain is a very common complaint during pregnancy. 4 out of every 3 women experience low back pain during pregnancy. After the baby is born, all pains disappear to a large extent. There are different factors that cause pain in every stage of pregnancy.
During pregnancy, excessive weight gain and softening in the supporting tissues due to the increase effect of the progesterone hormone can cause pain in the spine. Low back pain is common during pregnancy, but the reason for these pain is rarely hernia. In patients with pre-pregnancy hernia, there may be an increase in pain or progress in the degree of hernia due to the change in the center of gravity of the body with the growth of the abdomen in the later months of pregnancy. Doing light exercises in the first months of pregnancy provides great benefits in the following months.
Back pain during pregnancy does not necessarily mean there is a hernia!
- Post-pregnancy pain is often greatly reduced.
- However, treatment with examination and harmless methods during pregnancy and, if necessary, treatment should continue after birth.
- It is considered normal to experience pain a few days after birth, depending on the type of delivery.
- Painkillers are not recommended for pain caused by the needle applied to the waist during spinal or epidural anesthesia in cesarean deliveries. Other methods are considered appropriate.
- These pains may disappear spontaneously within a few days or weeks.
The back pain experienced years after birth may have nothing to do with these needles! Expectant mothers hold your baby healthily in your arms, the better you take care of yourself during pregnancy, the more beneficial your baby will be, remember!