The question of what is a model mechanic can be answered as follows; He is the person involved in the production of textile products. The model maker works with the modelist. The modelist prepares the pattern of the clothes, whose features are determined by the designer, according to international standards. The model maker also creates samples by sewing these molds together in the specified shapes. It is a profession that comes to the fore especially in companies that export or produce their own products. At least one sample must be prepared for each product. The model maker also undertakes the task of sample preparation. It combines pieces using different sewing techniques suitable for each model or fabric. Prepares the product to be used for the model for sample control. The types of machines to be used for sewing each piece are different. According to the need, various machines such as double needle, flat machine, belt, overlock should be used. If mass production is to be made, the sewing methods of the products should be developed in accordance with this area. He works in workshops or factories that produce ready-made garments, especially in the private sector.
What Does a Model Machinist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
In general, to the question of what a model machinist does; The answer can be given to perform the part assembly operations in accordance with the product instructions given by the modelist. Model machinist responsibilities are quite extensive. Model machinist duties and responsibilities can be listed as follows:
- He is responsible from the pre-planting preparations to the final ironing stage.
- It examines the model according to its features such as sleeves, collars, pockets and buttonholes.
- Prepares the necessary materials before starting the planting. In addition, it prepares products such as zippers and buttons to be used in clothing.
- Combines the product according to the specified planting stages.
- It marks fabrics both economically and optimally.
- It provides detailed correction of the cut parts.
- After the main piece is assembled, it sews additional accessories such as pockets or buttons.
- After the sewing processes are finished, she also does the final ironing.
- It performs quality control by examining details such as conformity to size and sewing faults.
- Fixes any areas that could be improved or changed.
- Cleans materials after use. Replaces excess parts or accessories. If necessary, he maintains the tools and equipment he uses.
- Evaluates the product with other people involved in sample production.
What Education Is Required To Become A Model Machinist?
The answer to the question of how to become a model mechanic is very diverse. People who want to do this profession can get training in the Ready-made Clothing Model Machinery department under the field of Clothing Production Technology from the courses of Vocational Education Centers. In addition, there are similar training areas in Vocational Secondary Education schools or Vocational High Schools. In order to start apprenticeship training, people must meet certain conditions. vocational training; 3 years for primary school graduates and 1,5 years for those with high school or higher education. In high schools, 2 days of theoretical training and 3 days of practical training are given. In vocational training, there is 1 day of theoretical training and the remaining days of practical training. Model machinist also receives training in the fields of business and occupational safety.
What are the Requirements for Being a Model Machinist?
Model mechanic job description may vary according to the field of study. desired qualifications, model mechanic jobs can be studied and learned. Since there are many ready-to-wear areas, the desired features are not the same for every job posting. In most of the model machinist advertisements, the common features expected from the people are specified. The conditions that must be met by those who want to do the model mechanic profession are as follows:
- It should have an aesthetic design view.
- Hand-eye coordination must be good.
- It should be suitable for teamwork as many people will be working together during the sample production phase.
- Must be able to understand and apply the tasks to be done well.
- Must be able to perceive shapes well.
- It needs to think multidimensionally.
- It should be open to innovation.
- He must carefully and patiently fulfill his duties and responsibilities.
- Must have basic knowledge of clothing.
- It should be able to control the products such as scissors, sewing machine, iron, razor, thread types that need to be used well.
- It should ensure the cleanliness of the products used.
- He should strive to constantly improve himself in the professional field.
- He should know which machine should be used for different types of fabrics.
- Since he will work with many different patterns, he should learn the use of patterns well.
- He should attend trainings or seminars related to his profession, such as on-the-job or in-service training.
- The deficiencies in the production workplaces or samples should be reported to the relevant persons.
Model Machinery Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of the Model Machinery employees are the lowest 7.900 TL, the average 9.880 YL, the highest 17.880 TL.
Günceleme: 07/01/2023 18:58