The energy specialist is responsible for controlling and managing the energy efficiency of the organization. It implements energy conservation measures for companies and monitors energy consumption. It evaluates business decisions for sustainability and looks for opportunities to increase energy efficiency. It works in cooperation with engineers and consultants.
What Does an Energy Specialist Do, What Are Their Duties?
The energy specialist serves commercial enterprises and public institutions. The general duties of professional professionals, whose responsibilities differ depending on the field of work, are as follows;
- To explore all possible options to reduce energy consumption,
- Creating green energy systems and policies,
- To encourage the use of alternative energy sources,
- To identify areas where buildings waste energy and to increase energy efficiency,
- To support building design and renovation to ensure energy efficiency,
- Creating a comprehensive map of how and where institutions consume energy resources the most,
- Implementing energy cost saving measures.
How to Become an Energy Specialist?
In order to become an energy specialist, it is necessary to graduate with at least a bachelor's degree from four years of Energy Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering and related departments of universities. In order to work as an expert in the Energy Market Regulatory Authority, it is necessary to fulfill the following criteria;
- Having worked in the assistant specialist staff for at least three years,
- Preparing the thesis,
- If the thesis is successful, to participate in the oral proficiency exam,
- To obtain the minimum grade required by the institution in the Foreign Language Placement Exam or to have a document of an internationally valid language exam.
People who want to become an Energy Specialist must have certain qualifications;
- To be able to make economic modeling,
- To have knowledge about the energy market,
- To be able to carry out project management,
- Demonstrate verbal and written communication skills to express technical issues clearly,
- To provide teamwork and management.
Energy Specialist Salaries 2022
The lowest Energy Specialist salary in 2022 was determined as 5.400 TL, the average Energy Specialist salary was 8.700 TL, and the highest Energy Specialist salary was 13.00 TL.