Located in the center of Izmir, it is the second oldest train station in Turkey after Kemer station. Its construction was completed in 1858. In addition, the station is home to the TCDD 3rd REGIONAL DIRECTORATE. With this location, Alsancak Train Station is one of the busiest stations in Turkey. The lines at the station were electrified with 2001 KW AC in 25. It provides intercity services to Manisa, Balıkesir, Bandırma, Kütahya, Eskişehir, Ankara, Uşak from Alsancak Station and to Aliağa and Menderes as suburbs.
Alsancak Station The concession for the construction of the Izmir-Aydin railway line, the first railway of the Ottoman Empire, was given to the British entrepreneur Wilkin and his four friends. The concession was transferred to the "Ottoman Railway from İzmir to Aydın" company in 1857. The Alsancak Train Station, located at the beginning of the railway, whose foundation was laid in 1857 during the reign of Governor Mustafa Pasha, was put into service in 1858. With the Aydın line opened in 1866, the station began to be used intensively.
The station, which belonged to ORC even after the War of Independence, was transferred to TCDD in 1935 with the deactivation of ORC. The station is the starting point of the lines departing from Izmir and going to the South. E.g; This is the starting station of the Alsancak-Cumaovası line. The last steam train station abandoned in 1980. In 2001, all lines were electrified, increasing the number of lines from 4 to 10 and the number of platforms from 2 to 6. On May 1, 2006, the last train departed from the station, which was closed due to the Izban project. With the completion of the Izban project, the station was reopened to passenger transportation on 19 May 2010.