The people who repair and maintain the elevators in buildings or workplaces are called elevator masters. The elevator master has the knowledge of using tools and devices related to his job. Elevator master is the person who deals with the malfunction and maintenance of elevators. In addition to the smooth operation of the elevators, it takes effort to operate safely. It has the competence to carry out elevator maintenance on its own and within a certain period of time.
What Does an Elevator Master Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The duty of the elevator master is to ensure the safe and trouble-free operation of the elevator. The duties of an elevator master are listed as follows:
- Checking the landing doors, windows, switch, elevator control panel and mains voltage to determine the malfunction of the elevator,
- To detect the faulty part in line with the controls it has made,
- To do the necessary work to fix the problem after the detection,
- Fulfilling the tests after the work he has done,
- To determine the insurance system against the possibility of electrical failure of the elevator,
- Inspecting parts such as shafts, brake pads, bute bearings and speed regulator to check the mechanical condition of the elevator,
- To control the interior lighting of the elevator,
- Making door and floor level adjustments,
- Making changes in case of malfunction in parts such as electronic board or residual current relay,
- Checking machine and engine oils, changing them if necessary,
- Fulfilling what needs to be done within the framework of periodic maintenance of the elevator,
- Restarting the elevator at the end of the job.
Requirements to Become an Elevator Master
Elevator mastership training is given by vocational courses. If you want to become an elevator master, you need to get a certificate from these courses. To attend the training, which lasts for an average of 944 hours, it is sufficient to know how to read and write and to have the physical characteristics required by the profession.
What Education Is Required To Become An Elevator Master?
The trainings given in vocational courses for those who want to become a lift master are mostly focused on the details of the profession. Within the scope of these trainings; High current circuits, analog circuit elements, basic principles of electricity, switching elements, fully automatic doors in elevators, control cassettes, bringing to the floor system that you can benefit from during work are given.
Elevator Master Salaries 2023
As the lift masters progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they earn are the lowest 12.170 TL, the average 15.220 TL, the highest 22.450 TL.
Be the first to comment