Accountant performs external public audits of large enterprises on behalf of the Ministry of Finance.
What Does an Account Specialist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- To conduct tax examinations of real persons and institutions based on the authority given by the Income Laws,
- To carry out examination, control and other transactions regarding all kinds of tax techniques and tax crimes authorized by tax laws, Tax Procedure Law and other laws,
- To carry out non-tax examinations as deemed necessary by the Minister of Finance in Public Enterprises and other institutions and associations to which the State is concerned,
- To organize conferences and trainings with the aim of educating and enlightening taxpayers,
- To make researches and make suggestions on the development of the tax system and technique, and the elimination of hesitations and problems in implementation,
- Participating in the Audit Committee of the Board of Auditors, other commissions and committees,
- To convey to the Presidency the opinions on the matters that are deemed necessary to be regulated, amended and explained regarding the financial provisions during the studies,
- In line with the request of the Minister of Finance; To carry out technical research and studies in the fields of economics, financial auditing, finance and business administration,
- To carry out investigations and expert examinations by being authorized by the Relevant Authorities.
How to Become an Account Expert?
In order to become an accountant, it is necessary to fulfill the following conditions;
- To graduate with a bachelor's degree from a four-year university in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Political Science and related departments,
- To complete the three-year internship period as Assistant Accountant,
- To take the written and oral Account Specialist Proficiency Exam organized by the Ministry of Finance and to be appointed.
Features that an Accountant Should Have
The accountant is primarily expected to have mathematical thinking and analytical skills. Other qualifications sought in professional professionals can be grouped under the following headings;
- Being attentive and disciplined
- Demonstrate an inclination towards teamwork and management,
- Ability to work under intense stress and make effective decisions
- Demonstrate problem-solving ability
- To have the ability to communicate effectively,
- Demonstrate the ability to work in an orderly and detailed manner,
Accountant Salary 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of the Accountants are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 7.370 TL, and the highest 10.970 TL.