Travel on public transport in Kiev is becoming more expensive. Now the price of one-time tickets will be 8 UAH instead of 20 UAH, while for Kiev Card holders the trip will be 12 UAH.
Nikolay Povoroznik, deputy head of the Kiev City State Administration, stated that since the last tariff increase in 2018, the factors that the city administration has no influence on have changed significantly, saying, “The current price of public transport does not correspond to the tariff that should have been economically for a long time. According to the calculations of “Kyivpastrans”, the economically favorable tariff for land transport today is 22.30 UAH. According to the calculations of the “Kiev Metro”, the reasonable tariff in the metro is 22 UAH. But we understand that this is a huge financial burden on passengers, so one of the tasks when calculating new tariffs is to differentiate the cost of travel with a discount system, ”said the director.
How much will the metro, bus, tram fares be in Kiev:
- One trip in public transport (metro, tram, trolleybus, bus) will cost 20 UAH in case of a single ticket purchase;
- In case of paying for the trip using the multifunctional electronic card "Kyivpastrans Card", the unit cost will be 12 UAH;
- For passengers who buy travel by renewing their electronic ticket, the cost of travel in public transport will vary from 15 to 20 UAH. It will be 50 UAH when buying 15 trips, and 1 UAH when buying 9-20 trips;
- There is also the possibility to purchase discounted monthly tickets. It starts from 14.20 UAH, depending on the type of travel ticket;
- Tickets used for 24 hours, 48 and 72 hours from the moment of activation will also remain in circulation.
Nikolay Povoroznik “After the increase in the public transport tariff, the fee for cardholders residing in Kiev (without the right to free travel) will be 12 UAH, regardless of the number of trips. Passengers using a monthly travel ticket will pay for trips between UAH 14.20 and UAH 14.50, depending on the type of travel card. And passengers using the electronic ticket will pay 15 to 20 UAH depending on the number of trips purchased.” he summed up.
A gift of one thousand hryvnia for spending for those who receive two doses of vaccine in Ukraine
Stating that the city continues the advantages given to all socially vulnerable categories of people, Povoroznik said: “Currently, the people of Kiev have the opportunity to buy trips in advance at a price of 6.50 UAH and use public transport at the old prices for a while.” said.
Public discussions in electronic consultation format on the procedure to increase tariffs, which will last for 15 days, will begin today. It is planned to determine new tariffs as of January 1, 2022.
Günceleme: 17/11/2021 11:28