Minister of National Defense Hulusi Akar, Minister of Industry and Technology Mustafa Varank and TAF Commanders Visited TÜBİTAK SAGE
TÜBİTAK President Prof. Dr. Ministers and Commanders, welcomed by Hasan Mandal, Director of the Institute Gürcan Okumuş and other officials, received a briefing on the projects carried out, and developed domestic and national ammunition and systems. examined. During the visit, Ministers Hulusi Akar, Mustafa Varank and TAF Commanders made a presentation about Kuzgun modular joint ammunition run by TÜBİTAK SAGE.
Kuzgun is a new generation product family that is modular, low-cost, suitable for multi-use, high strike sensitivity and low side damage in terms of warhead, range and guidance method to meet tactical guided ammunition needs.
Designed by Tübitak-Sage to be used on different platforms, Kuzgun can be fired from land batteries, ships and air platforms. Kuzgun can be used against military units, light armored vehicles, mobile targets, military camps, mobile surface targets and shelters. Kuzgun ammunition, which has the feature of multiple shots, has the mobility capability.
With its 100 kg weight, Kuzgun can be used in Akıncı TİHA with MMU, Hürjet, Hürkuş-C aircraft as well as existing air platforms in the inventory. Thanks to its modular structure, it will be equipped with a warhead and a guidance system for the tasks to be performed, and will be an important force multiplier in the capabilities of the Turkish Air Force as a cost-effective solution.
General features of Kuzgun:
- Modular Warhead (Particle, Thermobaric, General Purpose, Penetrating Warheads)
- GPS, INS guidance options
- High sensitivity and low half damage
- Low operation cost as guidance and warhead can be determined according to the type of operation
- High warhead efficiency
- Modular wing option (common basic design for swing / fixed wing, thrust / non-thrust variants depending on operational range requirement)
- GPS independent guidance options (INS and LAB, A-INS and Infrared Seeker, data link, mmW Radar)
- Multiple Transport and Drop Off
|Aircraft Type to Use||MMU, F-35, F-4E / 2020, Hürjet, Hürkuş, Various UAV|
|Duty Type||Air-Ground, Ground-Ground, Water-Above-Water|
|Guidance Type||INS, INS / GPS, (common interface and ease of integration for LAB and IIR)|
|Warhead Used||Special Design 25-60kg (depending on head type)|
|Range||40.000-0,9NM (40-60km) for 74M drop speed at 111 feet|
|Deviation from Target||<1-10 m (CEP) (Depends on Seeker and Guidance Type)|
|Fracture Angle||10 90 ° °|