📩 16/07/2023 11:12
It is one of the most common problems after spots, wrinkles, sagging, acne and skin problems that occur with advancing age. Skin spots can occur due to many factors. Medical Aesthetics Physician Dr. Mert Gençoğlu gave important information about the subject.
The summer season, which comes with the bright light of the sun and the hot air, is a pleasant time for people. However, being exposed to the sun without adequate protection in the summer sometimes causes stains on the skin. These sunspots, called solar lentigo in medicine, occur as a result of the increase in pigment cells that give the skin its color as a result of long-term exposure to the sun. These spots are usually seen on areas such as the face, forehead, nose, chin, upper lip, shoulders, neck, hands, upper surface of the feet and upper back. In addition to these, other causes of sunspots include genetic predisposition, old age, pregnancy, use of birth control pills, ovarian and thyroid disorders, and cosmetic applications.
Skin spots, which cause a very bad appearance in terms of aesthetics, may also herald some health problems, and therefore, they should generally be treated according to the cause. However, although most of the spots do not cause health problems, many patients want to be treated because of their appearance.
Dr. Mert Gençoğlu said, “There are some recommendations regarding the formation of skin spots that should be followed by everyone, regardless of age and gender. There are some effective solutions to deal with sunspots, especially while enjoying the summer and the sun, which triggers the formation of these spots. However, it can be difficult to deal with skin blemishes in the summer, but you can minimize the formation of blemishes by taking some precautions and applying the right skin care.
Here are some tips that can help you deal with skin blemishes in the summer;
• Sun Protection: Sun exposure is one of the most important factors in the formation of skin spots. It's important to use sunscreen every day and to wear a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses when out in the sun. Also, try not to go out in the sun between 10.00:16.00 and XNUMX:XNUMX, when the sun is at its peak.
• Sunscreen Usage: Sunscreen is a critical product for preventing skin blemishes. Choose a broad spectrum (UVA and UVB) sunscreen and make sure it offers at least SPF 30 protection. Remember to reapply sunscreen regularly, especially after sweating or swimming.
• Skin care: Follow a regular skin care routine to prevent skin blemishes during the summer. Use a mild cleanser and moisturizer to keep your skin clean, moist and healthy. You can also regularly use a serum or cream that contains products that even out skin tone and prevent blemishes.
• Natural Illuminators: Some natural ingredients can help reduce the appearance of skin blemishes. For example, you can apply natural lighteners such as lemon juice, cucumber juice or aloe vera to your skin. However, be careful when using these substances and be careful not to irritate your skin.
• Nutrition and Hydration: A healthy diet and adequate water consumption affect the overall health of your skin. Consuming foods rich in antioxidants can protect your skin and reduce the appearance of blemishes. Foods such as colorful fruits and vegetables, green leafy vegetables, fish and nuts contain important components that support your skin health. Also, make sure to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day to hydrate your body from within.
• Protection from Inflammation: Inflamed pimples and skin irritations can promote blemishes. Therefore, it is important to keep your skin clean, remove makeup properly, and not squeeze acne. Also, if you have acne-prone skin, you can get help from a dermatologist and learn the appropriate treatment methods.
• Use Humidifier: It is important to maintain the moisture balance of the skin in summer. Moisturize your skin using a product that is light and has moisturizing properties. This can also reduce the formation of blemishes while nourishing your skin.
• Regular Cleaning and Peeling: Cleaning your skin regularly and removing dead skin cells can help prevent blemishes. A gentle cleanser and regular gentle exfoliation can keep your skin smooth and glowing.
It is important to follow these tips to prevent skin spots during the summer period. However, if you have severe skin blemishes or notice a disturbing change in your blemishes, it is recommended to seek professional help. As we all know, the formation of skin spots is very easy, and spot treatment is a little difficult. In addition to all these suggestions, it is very easy to treat sunspots thanks to the developing technology in the field of medical aesthetics. In order to determine the best treatment method for the individual, it is necessary to correctly identify the causes of skin spots and make a correct diagnosis. Treatment options for skin blemishes will differ according to the size of the blemishes and the structure of the skin.