📩 22/06/2023 11:54
The Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure completed the preparatory work by taking the necessary measures in all relevant units before and after the Eid al-Adha due to the intensity to be experienced on the transportation lines. Crews will be on the alert.
Noting that every precaution has been taken for our citizens to spend the holiday peacefully, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Abdulkadir Uraloğlu said, “Peace be to our people, we will be on alert with all our teams on the railway, airline, road and seaway during the Eid al-Adha. We will work with all our units to ensure that our citizens enjoy the blessed days when they will be reunited with their loved ones.” said.
JULY 15, MARTYRS AND FATIH SULTAN MEHMET BRIDGES WILL BE FREE OF CHARGE WITH HIGHWAYS LINKED TO HIGHWAYS
Our people, due to the Eid-al-Adha holiday; Starting from 24:2023 on Saturday, June 00.00, 3 (the night connecting Friday to Saturday), until 2023:07.00 on Monday, July 15, XNUMX, excluding the build-operate-transfer projects, “Highways and July XNUMX Martyrs”, which is under the responsibility of the General Directorate of Highways. and Fatih Sultan Mehmet Bridges will be able to use free of charge.
BAŞKENTRAY MARMARAY AND İZBAN WILL ALSO BE FREE…
Our citizens, due to the Eid al-Adha holiday, starting from 28 on Wednesday, June 2023, 00.00 (the night that connects Tuesday to Wednesday), until 1 on Saturday, July 2023, 24.00, by Başkentray-Marmaray and İZBAN and municipalities and their union institutions and businesses. They will be able to use public transport services free of charge.
In rail transport, which provides advantages in terms of speed and cost, capacity increases were also made in high-speed trains, main line and regional trains.
INSPECTION IN TERMINAL AND TOLL OFFICES…
Necessary measures will be taken by the Implementation and Audit Teams to prevent the sale of "exorbitantly priced tickets" at terminal and highway toll booths and to prevent "unauthorized transportation".
They will carry out work on passenger transport vehicles at passenger terminals, roadsides and highway inspection stations in 81 provinces.
Administrative fines to be applied in inappropriate and illegal situations will be as follows:
- Passengers without a ticket: 3 TL
- Exorbitantly Priced Ticket Sales: 3 thousand 584 TL
- Vehicles and Companies Carrying Out Unauthorized Transport: 7 thousand 200 TL
Buses that do not leave on time: 3 thousand 584 TL
ADVICE TO DRIVERS
The Ministry made recommendations for drivers who will travel.
– Our drivers must comply with the warning signs, signs and markers on the road sections where asphalt surface coating and road construction, maintenance and repair are carried out, and do not exceed the specified speed limit.
- Drivers' departure on the same day and time on departure and return days.
– Not to take cargo and passengers above the vehicle capacity,
– All drivers taking the road should consider their weather, road, vehicle and psychological conditions, not to set off tired and sleepless, and to wear seat belts during the journey.
- Our drivers get information about the road condition before they set off, by calling 0 312 449 91 99 of the Highways Road Information Unit or the free 159 line;
-KGM's website http://www.kgm.gov.tr With the "Route Analysis" program, which is put into service at the address; It will be possible for road users to visually inquire about the most suitable routes and alternatives, closed and working roads, road and weather conditions, important places from the internet.
HOLIDAY MEASURES ON SEA LINES
The teams of the Ministry of Maritime General Directorate will conduct inspections regarding the regular voyages to be made by sea during the holiday.
The teams will review the validity and conformity of the ship's documents.
It will be checked whether the ships are equipped with appropriate qualifications, seafarers and other auxiliary personnel, whether the life-saving vehicles and fire extinguishing equipment are well-maintained, adequate and suitable, whether the passenger and vehicle capacities are respected, whether the ship complies with the voyage schedule and the suitability of the passenger landing and boarding ramps.