📩 09/04/2023 17:59
Human resources specialist is the professional title given to a person who works as an expert in the human resources department and whose main task is recruitment and dismissal. They have very important duties for a company. Personnel who deal with all departments, provide training to company employees and engage in activities to increase their motivation are human resources specialists.
What Does a Human Resources Specialist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Although the main job of a human resources professional may seem to be hiring and firing employees, they have many different duties. These tasks are:
- Preparing the application for the recruitment process and following the process,
- Examining CV files in line with incoming requests,
- Interviewing candidates,
- Preparing payroll and determining wages,
- Evaluating employee performances,
- Organizing trainings and making presentations in this field,
- Managing the working hours and days off of the employees.
What Training Is Required To Become A Human Resources Specialist?
Most of the universities in Turkey have Human Resources Management Departments. Students who graduate from this and other departments related to this field become educated people for the human resources department. Candidates can also increase their competencies and obtain certificates by participating in training and course programs.
Required Qualities of a Human Resources Specialist
Institutions and organizations that recruit human resources specialists to appoint within their body can set criteria according to themselves. However, there are some generally accepted features that a human resources specialist should have. These features are:
- Have a broad knowledge of labor law,
- Being able to use Microsoft Office programs actively,
- To have knowledge about SSI legislation,
- To have a researcher, result-oriented and dynamic identity,
- Being open to both learning and development,
- To know how the recruitment processes are progressing,
- To be able to issue declarations and documents,
- To teach and present,
- To adapt to teamwork.
Human Resources Specialist Salaries 2023
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of the employees in the position of Human Resources Specialist are the lowest 13.170 TL, the average 16.470 TL, the highest 26.600 TL.