Bodybuilder; is a professional worker who repairs the exterior surfaces of motor vehicles such as cars, minibuses or commercial vehicles. It performs operations such as the chassis that forms the skeleton of the vehicles and the repair of the sheet metal parts covering the chassis. The body shop is the person who performs the desired operation on the metals that make up the outer appearance of the vehicles. The whole of these metals that make up the exterior of the vehicle is called the "body" and the bodybuilder makes use of various tools and equipment while working on the exterior of the vehicle. His work includes dent repair, part replacement and part repair.
What Does a Bodywork Master Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The task of the body shop is to carry out the necessary work on the body according to the customer's request. These operations are the renewal of the damaged part of the hood or the modification of the solid part. The duties of the body shop master are:
- To determine the extent of the damage to the body,
- Identifying the parts that need to be repaired or replaced in order to eliminate the damage,
- Notifying the customer of the price of the transaction,
- If the customer requests, to provide the necessary materials for damage repair,
- To determine the tools and equipment to be used during the bodywork repair,
- To use the tools required for the repair properly so that they do not cause malfunctions,
- Notifying the customer if other parts are required to repair the damage,
- To give the original appearance to the damaged part of the vehicle by doing its job meticulously.
What are the Requirements to Become a Bodywork Master?
Professional training is required to become a body shop master. It is necessary to complete the relevant department in the Industrial Vocational High School or the Vocational Education Center affiliated to the Ministry of National Education. However, those who want to obtain a bodywork mastery certificate from the Vocational Training Center must be at least a primary school graduate.
What Training Is Required To Become A Bodywork Master?
To be a body shop master, it is necessary to know how to use the tools necessary during the job. Moreover; It is also necessary to have knowledge about the main subjects of the profession such as sandpaper, part replacement and dent repair. The following courses are taken in certificate courses:
- Theoretical Vocational Education
- Basic Bodywork Training
- Damage Repair Methods
- Joining Techniques
- Basic Paint Knowledge and Paint Systems
- Basic Color Information
- Workshop Lessons
- Professional Ethics
Bodybuilder Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work for and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 7.320 TL, the average 9.150 TL, the highest 14.950 TL.
Günceleme: 07/01/2023 18:58