Science teacher teaches basic information about physics, chemistry and biology sciences to secondary school students in line with the subjects specified in the curriculum. It can work in private schools, private teaching institutions and public schools.
What Does a Science Teacher Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- Creates a work schedule within the framework of the curriculum prepared considering the age level of the students and the aims of the school,
- Evaluates the success of the students and informs the school administration and parents,
- Develops quizzes and interactive education methods in order to increase the success of students,
- It reveals the talents of the students and guides the students who can be successful in the field of science,
- Adopts a thought-oriented education approach, not memorization-oriented, allows the emergence of critical / questioning perspectives during the lesson,
- Frequently uses different educational methods such as experimental studies so that the student can actively participate in the lesson,
- Carries out the necessary studies to establish a laboratory where the student can apply what they have learned,
- Makes written and oral exams in order to understand the stage of learning.
Requirements to Become a Science Teacher
Those who are interested in science and scientific subjects, who are successful in the numerical department in high school, and who shape their university career in this direction can become science teachers. In order to become a science teacher, it is required to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the "Science Teaching" department of universities, which provides four-year education. In addition, graduates of Physics, Chemistry and Biology departments of universities that provide four-year education can become a science teacher by taking pedagogical formation education.
What Education Is Required to Become a Science Teacher?
In order to become a science teacher, it is necessary to take basic chemistry, mathematics, basic physics, mechanics, biology, genetics and general ecology trainings in the relevant departments of universities. In addition, trainings such as general teaching methods, science teaching methods, developmental psychology, learning psychology and measurement and evaluation are also given.
Science Teacher Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of those working in the position of Science Teacher are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 6.840 TL, the highest 11.850 TL.