📩 04/01/2023 08:27
Vatman is the name given to the drivers of trams and subways used in urban lines. Often confused with being a machinist, vatman are people who work in rail systems that provide only urban transportation and do not have any height from the road. Machinists, on the other hand, are the names given to the drivers of suburban trains and similar trains that transport passengers or freight within the city or between cities / countries. However, among the public, all of them can be called train driver / train driver.
What Does a Train Driver / Vatman Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Among the duties of train drivers and boatmen, who generally work on a fixed line;
- Making the necessary checks before moving the tram or metro,
- Maintaining speed and time balance by using the vehicle on predetermined routes,
- To comply with the signs on the line, to keep the route under constant control,
- To warn pedestrians or drivers passing in front of the vehicle with certain audible warning methods,
- To perform the first response in case of malfunctions and accidents and to ensure that the relevant reports are kept by the necessary institutions,
- Keeping the maintenance cards of the tram or subway,
- Informing or guiding passengers when necessary,
- To comply with and ensure compliance with occupational health and safety rules, takes place.
What It Takes to Become a Train Driver / Vatman
Although the conditions of urban train driver/manship generally vary from city to city, the most basic conditions are as follows;
- Not having any physical or mental disability,
- To be at least high school or college graduate,
- To have a Class B license and be able to actively drive.
What Education Do You Need To Become A Train Driver / Vatman?
In addition to having a Class B driver's license and being able to drive actively, it is also necessary to pass the training that lasts for an average of 6 months and gives theoretical and practical lessons on tram/metro driving.
Warlord Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 6.950 TL, the average 11.460 TL, the highest 15.360 TL.