📩 05/10/2022 10:55
Mevlit Night, which is perceived as the last oil lamp of this year, will be spent with worship. When is the Mevlid Kandili? The answer to the question began to be among the topics that were wondered by the entire Islamic community. Mevlid Kandili, which coincides with the 11th day of the month of Rebiülevvel, will be passed with plenty of prayers and worship this year. After the 2022 religious calendar published by the Presidency of Religious Affairs, it has become clear on which day the Mevlid Kandili will be realized. So, when is the 2022 Mevlid Kandili? What is the Mevlid Kandili Prayer, at what time, how and how many rakats are performed?
When is the 2022 Mevlid Kandili?
It has been determined when the Mevlid Kandili, which coincides with the 11th day of the month of Rebiülevvel every year, this year.
According to this; Mevlid Kandili will be realized on Friday, October 7, 2022 this year.
Is There a Special Worship for the Mevlid Kandili?
In our religion, there is no form of worship specific to oil lamp nights. On these special nights, it is recommended to perform tasbih and tayajjud prayers as well as time prayers and accident prayers. In addition, among the worships to be performed during the Mevlid Kandili, it is best to recite a lot of prayers, repent and ask for forgiveness.
What is the Mevlid Kandili Prayer?
Even though the rosary prayer performed during the Mevlid Kandili is called the "Mawlid Kandili prayer", this prayer is the same as the prayer performed in other oil lamps. Hz. This prayer, which was recommended by the Prophet Muhammad (saas) to his uncle, is also performed at the Mevlid Kandili and brings a lot of reward to the person who performs it. The rosary prayer is a mandub prayer that is recommended to be performed once in a lifetime.
How many rakats is the Mevlid Kandili Prayer?
The Presidency of Religious Affairs states that the rosary prayer will be 4 rak'ahs. The Messenger of Allah (pbuh) said to his uncle, Abbas, “Look, uncle, let me teach you something that has ten benefits; If you do this, Allah will forgive your ten kinds of sins, the first and the last of your sins, the old and the new, the ones you have committed unknowingly, the small and the big ones, and the ones you have done secretly and openly." He recommended and taught this prayer by saying; Hz. When Abbas said that we cannot do this every day, Hz. The Prophet stated that it would be sufficient to perform this prayer once a week, once a month, once a year or once in a lifetime (Ebû Dâvûd, Tatavvu', 14; Tirmidhi, Salat, 238).
How to Perform the Mevlid Kandili Prayer?
The Mawlid Kandili prayer (The Rosary prayer) consists of four rak'ahs and is performed as follows:
The prayer begins with the intention of "performing the tasbih prayer for the sake of Allah".
After Subhanake, say "Subhanallahi ve'l-hamdulillahi vela ilaha illallahu vallahu akbar" 15 times.
Then the euze basmala is recited, and after the Fatiha and the surah are recited, 'Subhanallahi ve'l-hamdulillahi vela ilaha illallahu vallahu akbar' is recited 10 more times.
This tasbih is recited 10 times when bowing down, 10 times when standing up, 10 times during the first prostration, 10 times when getting up from the prostration, and 10 times during the second prostration.
Thus, 75 tasbihat are made in each rak'ah.
When standing for the second rak'ah, the tasbih is recited 15 times, then the Basmala is read, the Fatiha and the surah are read, and the tasbih is brought 10 times.
The remaining rak'ahs are repeated in the same way so that 4 rak'ahs are completed and a total of three hundred tasbihat are recited.
Mevlid Kandili Worship
1. Blessings and greetings should be sent to the Prophet (pbuh); Hope for his intercession and the consciousness of being a member of his ummah should be renewed. We should wholeheartedly say, “As-salatu wa's-salam alaika ya Rasûlellah”. Or we should call Allahumma salli ala sayyid Muhammad's and ala ali sayyid Muhammad.
2. One should fast as much as possible during the daytime of these lamp nights.
3. The Quran should be read; readers should rest; Qur'an banquets should be given in suitable places; The feelings of love, respect and devotion to the Kalamullah must be renewed and strengthened. Reading or listening to the Quran. The most important worship we will do on such a blessed night is to read, listen to the Quran and think about its meaning. Because the Qur'an is the last message of Allah Almighty to humanity. If it is well understood and applied, humanity will be happy.
4. Lots of dhikr and evrad ü ezkar (verses, salawat, prayers at certain times) should be read.
5. Sincere repentance and forgiveness for sins should be done; It is necessary to repent and inabed by taking the last chance to realize the night. We should say at least one rosary "Astaghfirullah". Like other blessed times, the night of Mevlid is a time to return to our essence and question our heedless days, to repent of the mistakes we have committed unintentionally and unknowingly, to ask for forgiveness, and to renew ourselves and our will.
6. Accident, supererogatory prayers should be performed; If there are prayers transmitted that night, they can also be performed; The night of the oil lamp should be revived with the consciousness of worship and benevolence in worship. If possible, we should take care to perform our daily prayers in mosques. We should both benefit from the rewards of the mosque and the community and integrate with our other Muslim brothers and congratulate the oil lamp.
7. Contemplation must be made; They should have deep thoughts on vital issues, especially on issues such as "Who am I, where did I come from, where am I going, what are God's requests from me?"