In Bartın, an underground explosion occurred at the Turkish Hard Coal Institution Amasra Establishment Directorate at around 18.15:28 yesterday. Health Minister Koca made a statement after the explosion: “The number of deaths due to the explosion in Bartın has reached 6. Everything necessary is being done for the treatment of a total of 5 patients, 11 in Istanbul and XNUMX in Bartın," he said.
In the district of Amasra, an underground explosion occurred at the Turkish Hard Coal Institution Amasra Establishment Directorate at around 18.15:40 yesterday. The number of workers who lost their lives after the explosion increased to 6. A total of 5 mine workers, 11 in Istanbul and XNUMX in Bartın, were treated.
Making a statement about the explosion, the Governorship of Bartın said, “18.15 of our mine workers have been removed from the accident area so far in the accident that took place at the minus 300 level at around 36:6 in the mine belonging to the Amasra Hard Coal Enterprise. Six of our dismissed workers were sent to Istanbul for their treatment. The treatment of 5 of our workers continues in hospitals in our city. We wish God's mercy on our miners who lost their lives, and we wish a speedy recovery to our injured brothers.
6 INJURED TREATED IN ISTANBUL
6 workers injured in the explosion in the mine were brought to Atatürk Airport General Aviation Terminal by 2 ambulance planes affiliated to the Ministry of Health, after their first treatment there. The injured were taken to the ambulance, Başakşehir Çam Sakura City Hospital. While one of the injured was being treated at the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Center, the other 5 injured were being treated at the Burn Center.
MINISTER KOCA: TREATMENTS STARTED
Making a statement about the explosion, Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said:
* Unfortunately, the number of casualties in Bartın reached 28. We have 11 injured who are being treated. 1 of our patients, 4 of them severe, are in intensive care. 1 patient is being treated in the service. 6 of our citizens were transferred to Istanbul Başakşehir Çam and Sakura City Hospital Burn Center by airplane ambulances.
* Health Minister Fahrettin Koca stated that the treatment of 6 miners who were injured in the explosion in the mining quarry in the Amasra district of Bartın and were brought to Istanbul by ambulance plane has started. In his post on his social media account, Koca said, “One injured person, who was brought from Bartın to Istanbul Başakşehir Çam and Sakura City Hospital by airplane ambulances, was evaluated in the Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Center, and the treatment of 1 injured people in the Burn Center was evaluated. Our expert gives information," he said.
5 PATIENT'S CONDITION IS SERIOUS
* In the video shared, Başakşehir Çam and Sakura City Hospital Burn Treatment Center Responsible Physician, who gave information about the health status of the patients. Dr. Mustafa Turan said that 6 patients were brought by ambulance plane and their first treatment was done in the emergency room. Turan said: “Our patients have been taken to our burn treatment center. His treatment continues here. The condition of 5 of these patients is serious. After this stage, further examinations and treatments will continue in the coming days. It will be tried to the end to save them. Two of our patients required emergency surgery. These treatments have been done. One of our patients needed additional treatment at our Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatment Center. Currently, our patient has been taken to that department and his treatment has begun.”
MINISTER DÖNMEZ: GRIZU EXPLOSION ACCORDING TO FIRST EVALUATIONS
Fatih Dönmez, Minister of Energy and Natural Resources, made a statement about the explosion at the scene. Stating that the explosion in the mine occurred at 16.00:00.00, during the 18.15-XNUMX shift, Dönmez shared the following information:
* “Following the explosion, first of all, the search and rescue teams in the establishment went to the scene of the incident. We have wounded. The ventilation system in our galleries is currently working properly. There are partial dents.
* According to the first evaluations made by our friends, there is a firestorm explosion. The mini-rail system, which we call phaeton, works until a certain part of the galleries. In some, there are only manual interventions by spreading.
* All search and rescue teams are currently on duty. We do not have any shortcomings. We are in constant coordination with our friends. Again, I say thank you.”
“NO CONTINUING FIRE”
Dönmez, on the question of lowering the fire extinguishers, said, "These are issues about taking precautions, there is no ongoing fire inside. But something negative develops and it is necessary to intervene immediately. In that respect, both fresh air cylinders and fire extinguishers are kept for that purpose. Our intervening colleagues are highly experienced.” he said. Minister Dönmez added that the causes of the incident will be investigated after the search and rescue efforts are completed.
A MESSAGE OF CONDITION FROM ERDOĞAN
According to the statement made by the Presidency's Directorate of Communications, President and AKP Chair Recep Tayyip Erdoğan canceled his visit to Diyarbakır today due to the explosion. President Erdogan will go to Bartın today.
In his condolence message shared on his Twitter account, President Erdoğan stated the following:
* “I wish God's mercy on our brothers who lost their lives in the mining explosion in Amasra district of our Bartın, and patience for their relatives. I wish my injured brothers and sisters a speedy recovery.
* All of our institutions meticulously continue their work on all issues related to the explosion, especially the search and rescue that started rapidly after the incident. In order to carry out and supervise the works on site, three of our ministers were transferred to the region upon our instructions. I will cancel my Diyarbakir program and hopefully go to Amasra and coordinate all the work on site.
* All our health teams and hospitals in the region have been mobilized for our injured brothers. In addition to the existing facilities, our Ministry of Health has established an emergency response unit in the region. If needed, our ambulance planes are ready to transfer our wounded. The necessary investigation has been initiated regarding the explosion, and 3 of our prosecutors have been assigned. The investigation continues in all its dimensions.
* Only the statements of our official institutions regarding this sad event should be taken into account, and malicious content containing provocative and disinformation should not be respected. Our hope is that the loss of life does not increase further, that our miners are saved safely and all our efforts are in this direction.”
EXPLANATION FROM AFAD
AFAD announced that the provincial directors and AFAD Sakarya Search and Rescue Unit Directorate were directed to the region. In the statement made by AFAD, “Get well soon Amasra! Kütahya, Eskişehir, Zonguldak and Karabük Provincial AFAD Managers and AFAD Sakarya Search and Rescue Unit Directorate were directed to the region.
“INFORMATION THAT THE EXPLOSION WAS CAUSED BY THE TRANSFORMER WAS SHARED INCORRECTLY”
In the new statement made by AFAD, it was stated:
* “According to the first information received, it was learned that there were people trapped in the mine. Rescue teams from Bartın Province AFAD, Police, 112, Fire Brigade, Gendarmerie and TTK were dispatched to the region. In addition, Sakarya Provincial AFAD Kütahya Provincial AFAD and Eskişehir Provincial AFAD teams were dispatched. Kütahya, Zonguldak, Karabük and Eskişehir Provincial AFAD directors were sent to the region.
* Rescue teams were dispatched from Zonguldak. Rescue teams of 20 people belonging to TKİ were dispatched from Kütahya. 2 catering vehicles and 3 personnel vehicles from Kızılay were dispatched to the region. 2 mobile coordination trucks were sent from Sakarya Provincial AFAD and Ankara Provincial AFAD. Although there was no communication interruption in the region, 1 mobile base station was sent to the region as a precautionary measure.”
In another statement made by AFAD, “The information that the explosion that occurred in the mining pit of the Turkish Hard Coal Institution in the Amasra district of Bartın province was caused by a transformer was inadvertently shared. The cause of the explosion has not yet been determined. AFAD and rescue teams have been mobilized to reach our trapped citizens.
EXPLANATION FROM THE COMMUNICATIONS DEPARTMENT
The Presidency's Directorate of Communications made a statement about the explosion. In the statement, “After the accident that took place in the Amasra Taşköprü Business Administration Directorate, our state took action in a short time with all its institutions in order to intervene in the incident and started to carry out the necessary studies in the region. While investigations are continuing to clarify the incident and determine its cause, efforts are being made to rescue our stranded mine workers urgently. Necessary information is regularly shared by the relevant institutions. These statements should be followed and allegations and speculations other than the information shared by official authorities should not be respected.
Presidential Communications Director Fahrettin Altun shared on his social media account, "The mining accident that occurred in Bartın continues to be investigated in all its aspects, and search and rescue efforts continue." Altun, who also included up-to-date information about the accident in his post, shared the following information:
“Unfortunately, 28 of our brothers lost their lives in the mining accident. The treatment of 58 of our 11 rescued miners continues in our hospitals. I wish God's mercy on those who lost their lives, my condolences to their relatives, and a speedy recovery to the injured. Our Ministers of Labor and Social Security, Energy and Natural Resources and Interior, who went to the scene with the instruction of our President right after the accident, followed all the work in the region all night long.
WORKER LEADING FROM THE JANUARY: HE DIDN'T SEE THE EYES
Bartın Governor Nurtaç Arslan, at the TTK Amasra Institution Directorate where the explosion took place, “Who came out from below? What is the situation?" he spoke to the worker who came out of the mine. The worker who came out of the mine said, “We don't know anything. There was dust-smoke, we don't know what it was, it didn't appear. I went out on my own. The explosion was most likely just pressure, as we were a little behind. "Due to the pressure, there was a mass of dust, the eye could not see it," he said.
Relatives of the employees who heard about the explosion came to the mine. During the works, some workers were removed from the quarry. A worker said he was in good condition as he walked with support from his friends. Efforts are underway to rescue the trapped workers.
In the statement made by the Bartın Governorship, “A partial explosion occurred at the Amasra Hard Coal Enterprise Establishment at around 18.15 at -300 elevation, the cause of which is not yet clear. All of our teams have been mobilized to the scene and the necessary work has begun," it said.
In the statement made by the Bartın Chief Public Prosecutor's Office, it was reported that an investigation was launched into the explosion. It was noted that 3 public prosecutors were assigned to the incident, and the investigation was continued with all its aspects and meticulously.
Minister of Justice Bekir Bozdag announced that the incident will be investigated in all its dimensions. Minister Bozdağ shared on his social media account, “Congratulations to our workers/families who were injured and trapped in the mine due to the explosion in the mine in Amasra. I wish our injured workers a speedy recovery. Efforts are continuing to reach our workers who are trapped in the mine and to save them safely. Our state has mobilized all its means and capabilities. It is the greatest wish of all of us that our workers trapped in the mine are rescued safely and safely. The Amasra Public Prosecutor's Office launched an investigation into the explosion. The incident will be investigated in all its dimensions.”
4 LABOR INSPECTORS ASSIGNED
In the statement made by the Ministry of Labor and Social Security, it was reported that 4 labor inspectors were assigned to the explosion.
STATEMENT FROM THE PRESIDENT OF THE TGNA
Parliament Speaker Mustafa Şentop, in the message he shared on his Twitter account, said, “We learned with great sadness the news of the explosion that took place in the mine in Amasra. Our state is working with all its institutions and means to save our fellow workers safely. May Allah Almighty protect our country and our nation.
Mustafa Şentop talked to Bartın Governor Arslan on the phone and received information about the latest developments regarding the explosion in the mine. Şentop conveyed his best wishes to Governor Arslan and expressed his wish that the loss of life would not increase. Şentop canceled today's Gaziantep program, which includes groundbreaking and some meetings, due to the explosion in the mine.
CHP DELEGATION GOES TO THE REGION
A committee was formed to examine the incident with the instruction of CHP leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu about the explosion. The CHP delegation headed by Deputy Chairman Ahmet Akın went to the region to examine the explosion.
In addition to CHP Deputy Chairman Ahmet Akın, the CHP delegation also included Bartın Deputy Aysu Bankoğlu, Kastamonu Deputy Hasan Baltacı, Zonguldak Deputies Ünal Demirtaş and Deniz Yavuzyılmaz. CHP delegation will follow the developments on the spot after the explosion.
MHP DELEGATION MOVE TO BARTIN
In the statement made by the MHP, it was stated that the delegation appointed by Chairman Devlet Bahçeli will go to the region after the explosion in Amasra. In the statement made by the party, it was said, "With the instructions of our Chairman, Mr. Devlet Bahçeli, regarding the mining explosion that took place in the Amasra district of Bartın province, our Deputy Chairman and Ankara Deputy Mr. Sadir Durmaz is moving to the area where the explosion took place."
MERAL AKŞENER WILL GO TO THE REGION
In the statement made by the IYI Party, it was reported that Ankara Deputy İbrahim Halil Oral and Konya Deputy Fahrettin Yokuş and Secretary General Uğur Poyraz went to the region upon the instruction of Chairman Meral Akşener after the explosion.
In the meantime, it was learned that Akşener's Adana program today was canceled with the party's 22th anniversary event to be held on October 5, and Akşener would go to the region where the explosion took place in the morning.
GOOD GOOD LUCK MESSAGES
Parliament Speaker Mustafa Şentop published a message on his Twitter account after the explosion in the mining quarry in Bartın. In his message, Şentop said, “It is with great sadness that we learned of the news of the explosion in the mine in Amasra. Our state is working with all its institutions and means to save our fellow workers safely. May Allah Almighty protect our country and nation.
EXPLANATION FROM MINISTER NEBATI
Treasury and Finance Minister Nureddin Nebati said in a statement on his Twitter account, “It is with great sadness that I learned of the explosion in the mine quarry in Bartın. Our state continues its rescue efforts in vigilance with all its relevant institutions. Our prayers are for all our miners to be reunited with their families as soon as possible.”
“ALL OPPORTUNITIES HAVE BEEN MOVED”
AKP Deputy Chairman and Party SözcüSü Ömer Çelik made a statement on his Twitter account, “Getting well soon to our Bartın. We pray for the safe rescue of our workers trapped in the mine. Our state is at the scene with all its means. All possibilities have been mobilized,” he said.
“OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH BARTIN…”
Derya Yanık, Minister of Family and Social Services, said in a statement, “Our prayers are with Bartın. Our psychosocial support teams are transferred to the region. Our state is mobilized with all its means," he said.
Günceleme: 15/10/2022 12:12