Architect is the professional title given to a person responsible for designing new buildings, restoring old buildings and developing new ways of using existing buildings. The architect takes part in the construction projects from the initial stage to the completion stage.
What Does an Architect Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The professional responsibilities of the architect, who can work in public institutions or in the private sector, can be grouped under the following headings;
- Preparing and presenting building design proposals to customers,
- Creating building designs and detailed drawings using both manual and computer-aided design (CAD) applications,
- Assessing the needs of the building and its users, advising the client on the practicality of the project,
- To determine the nature and quality of the required materials,
- Controlling a project from start to finish,
- Supervising the compliance of the architectural project with environmental impacts,
- Conducting regular site visits to ensure that the project is completed on time and within the planned budget,
- Discussing the feasibility of potential projects with construction professionals,
- Working closely with a team of other professionals such as engineers, construction managers and architectural technologists.
What Education Is Needed To Become An Architect?
In order to become an architect, it is necessary to graduate with a bachelor's degree from the department of Architecture, which provides four-year education. In order to work in public institutions, it is necessary to take the Public Personnel Selection Examination. At the same time, there is a requirement not to be deprived of public rights and not to have committed a crime against the security of the state.
Features Required in an Architect
The qualities that employers look for in architects where innovative thinking and creativity come to the fore are;
- Demonstrate the ability to think and create in three dimensions,
- To have an analytical thinking structure to understand mechanical systems and how these systems affect building operations,
- To have commercial awareness and business acumen,
- Demonstrate command of computer-aided design programs such as Adobe Photoshop, SketchUp, 3d Studio VIZ or similar,
- To have knowledge about regulations and quality standards,
- Ability to communicate perfectly, both verbally and in writing
- Having visual awareness and paying attention to details,
- Ability to manage time and team,
Architect Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of the architects are the lowest 5.520 TL, the average 10.820 TL, the highest 39.800 TL.