Test engineer; He is the person who performs tests on the developed software. They work to ensure that the products created meet the user requests and ensure the satisfaction of the users. By playing an active role in the analysis process, they control the developed product from the very beginning to the last moment before it reaches the customer.
What Does a Test Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- Identifying the parts that are not suitable for flow in the product tested and conveying information to the relevant unit,
- Creating a test case (test case) to test the program,
- To create the expected results corresponding to each scenario according to the analysis,
- If the desired result and the result returned from the program do not match when the program is passed from the development phase to the testing phase, to follow up until this error is corrected,
- Performing all necessary tests of a product that will be put on sale or put into use,
- Creating error reports and ensuring that necessary arrangements are made,
- Performing rechecks after necessary arrangements,
- To provide necessary arrangements in the analysis and testing stages, taking into account customer and user satisfaction,
- To provide error-free products by correcting the errors in all analyzes and tests of the product before it is released to the end user.
How to Become a Test Engineer?
To become a test engineer, you need to graduate from engineering faculties of universities. Departments such as Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical-Electronics Engineering, Industrial Engineering are among the faculties you need to complete in order to become a test engineer. Good knowledge of foreign languages is also required for test engineering.
Test Engineer Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of those working in the position of Test Engineer are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 9.850 TL, the highest 17.690 TL.