📩 18/09/2022 11:50
The Multi-Purpose Amphibious Assault Ship Project, which was launched in 2015 by the Presidency of Defense Industries upon the instructions of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan in line with the needs of the Naval Forces Command, was built by the main contractor of Sedef Shipyard in Tuzla, Istanbul. 70 subcontractors took part in the project, which has a local rate of approximately 131%.
There are only 12 countries in the world that have ships of this scale. Our navy will strengthen its strength and increase its deterrent power with this ship. Anadolu Ship will become a "SİHA Ship" for the first time in the world, with SİHAs that will land and take off, as announced by İsmail Demir, the President of the Defense Industry for the first time. For this, the development of Bayraktar TB3 SİHAs with folding wings has been started by the company BAYKAR.
In addition, various studies are underway to enable the KIZILELMA Combatant Unmanned Combat Aircraft, also developed by BAYKAR, and the HÜRJET Light Attack Aircraft, developed by TAI, to land and take off. After the TB3 SİHA, KIZILELMA and HÜRJET platforms have made their first flights in 2023, it is planned to start integration work on the ship.
Within the scope of the project, it was aimed to include a Multi-Purpose Amphibious Assault Ship in the Aegean, Mediterranean and Black Sea Regions, which could transfer a force of at least 1 battalion size to the crisis region with its own logistic support, without requiring home base support.
The weapon systems, radar and electronic warfare systems, and avionic systems on the ship were developed by the domestic and national industry.
LHD can also be used within the framework of Natural Disaster Relief (DAFYAR) missions when necessary. Thanks to the full-fledged hospital and operating room facilities, it can be used for medical support within the scope of natural disaster relief, humanitarian aid and refugee evacuation operations.
The ship, which was launched in May 2019, started sea acceptance tests as of June 2022 and is still continuing.
President of Defense Industry Prof. Dr. İsmail Demir's latest statements about the ship:
KEY TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- The ship will have a length of 231 meters and a width of 32 meters.
- The ship's full load displacement will be a maximum of 27.436 tons.
- The ship will have a maximum speed of at least 20,5 knots and an economic speed of 16 knots at full load displacement.
- The ship will have a cruising range of at least 9.000 nautical miles at full load with its economic speed.
- To the water-capable pool inside the ship; 1 LCM ships (Mechanized Landing Crafts) will be able to enter, each carrying 4 tank.
On vehicle decks;
- 13 Tanks
- 27 Armored Amphibious Assault Vehicles-ZAHA
- 6 Armored Personnel Carriers-ZPT
- 33 Miscellaneous Vehicles
- Including 15 trailers
- 94 vehicles in total can carry.
On the flight deck;
- A total of 10 helicopters or 50 SİHAs can be deployed, depending on the configuration, this number can reach up to 100.
- The ship will have a carrying capacity of 1.223 personnel.
- There will be a full-fledged hospital facility and 2 operating theaters on board.