Environmental Engineer works for the best use of natural resources, planning production and consumption activities in a way that does not harm human health, welfare and natural balance.
What Does an Environmental Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Other professional obligations of Environmental Engineers, who work for the control and destruction of factors that cause pollution of natural resources, and for the creation of environmental conditions suitable for human health and welfare, are as follows;
- Preparing environmental research reports and developing strategies and action plans,
- To solve environmental problems; Collaborating with other professionals such as engineers, environmental scientists, architects, economists and sociologists,
- To carry out studies to prevent the pollution of natural resources,
- Analyzing and reporting scientific data,
- Informing industries and government agencies about environmental policies and standards,
- To ensure that the necessary measures are taken to design and operate systems such as sewerage, water and rain water networks in the settlements in the most appropriate way for human health,
- To design and plan the control systems required for the prevention and minimization of industrial pollution,
- Taking samples from different environmental segments, conducting analysis and evaluation studies,
- To follow and lead the implementation of national and international publications and legislation related to the environment
How to Become an Environmental Engineer?
In order to become an Environmental Engineer, it is necessary to graduate from the Environmental Engineering Department of universities, which provides four-year education.
Features that an Environmental Engineer Should Have
- Having the ability to produce solutions,
- Being keen on research and having a strong creative side,
- Demonstrate cooperation and teamwork skills,
- To exhibit careful and detailed approaches in their analyzes,
- To have a sense of professional ethics and responsibility,
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication skills,
- Being open to professional development and innovations
Environmental Engineer Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of the Environmental Engineers are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 6.650 TL, the highest 11.280 TL.