Textile engineer; It is responsible for developing textile materials, managing the general operation of clothing technology, ensuring that equipment works efficiently, production risks are minimized and the products made are of high quality.
What Does a Textile Engineer Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The general job description of the textile engineer, who is responsible for developing fabric types for use in different sectors such as clothing, household goods, automotive, is as follows;
- Evaluating, identifying and selecting fabric or textile products by communicating with suppliers,
- Developing products in accordance with the requested criteria,
- To ensure the production of samples,
- Ensuring that the products meet the requested specifications such as durability, specified color scale,
- Controlling production and quality standards,
- Researching and developing high performance fabrics such as biomedical material, composite or sports textile,
- Developing innovative ideas and techniques to improve the production quality of yarns and fabrics,
- Creating a variety of chemical components that ensure the final product is of superior quality,
- Communicating with the design and production staff and providing technical consultancy,
- Contacting the sales team and ensuring that sales reach the right customers,
- Explaining the characteristics of the product to the customers as the person with the most competent knowledge about the product produced,
- Evaluate customer complaints
What Education Is Required To Become A Textile Engineer?
In order to be a textile engineer, there is a requirement to graduate from the Textile Engineering department of universities.
Features Required for a Textile Engineer
- Have a high level of technical knowledge and strong practical skills,
- Demonstrate the ability to work as part of a team and to establish relationships with professionals in other departments.
- Demonstrate the ability to prioritize and switch between different tasks as needed,
- Having the physical ability to work in closed areas such as laboratories or factories,
- Complying with deadlines,
- No military obligation for male candidates.
Textile Engineer Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of those working in the position of Textile Engineer are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 6.440 TL, the highest 10.260 TL.