psychiatrist; They are people who work on disorders seen in mental, emotional and behavioral abilities. They are tasked with examining, diagnosing and treating such disorders.
What Does a Psychiatrist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Psychiatrist or psychiatrist; performs the following duties in accordance with the general working principles of the institution:
- Listening to the patient's complaint
- Getting detailed information about the patient's medical history and recording it in the patient information form,
- Examination of the patient
- To diagnose and treat anxiety disorders, depression, panic disorder, schizophrenia and other similar mood disorders and addictions,
- Interpreting and evaluating data for the diagnosis, treatment and monitoring of the disease, depending on the examination findings and test results,
- To carry out the diagnosis and treatment of problems such as eating and sleep disorders,
- Administering psychotherapy to patients apart from drug therapy,
- To treat mental problems that occur with old age,
- To inform the patient or patient's relatives about the disease, its treatment, the risks of the disease and the prevention of this disease,
- To follow up and control psychiatric patients, to prepare patient reports,
- Deciding on the treatment change of patients when necessary,
- Working with relevant physicians when necessary,
- To follow up and control the hospitalized patients.
How to Become a Psychiatrist?
In order to become a psychiatrist, first of all, 6 years of education in medical faculties must be completed. After this 6-year training, it is necessary to receive specialization training in the field of psychiatry for 4 years. However, after 10 years of basic education, it is possible to become a psychiatrist.
Psychiatrist Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of those working in the position of Psychiatrist are the lowest 19.280 TL, the average 25.590 TL, the highest 36.640 TL.
Günceleme: 04/01/2023 08:28