An anesthesiologist is a medical professional who decides to administer anesthesia to the patient in order to prevent them from experiencing any pain or sensation during surgery. Before the surgical procedure, the anesthesiologist meets with the patient to evaluate the patient's medical history and decides which type of anesthesia will be applied to the patient.
What Does An Anesthesiologist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- Examining the patient, taking the medical history, performing diagnostic tests to determine the risk that may occur during surgery and other medical procedures,
- Examining the patient to assess the general physical condition,
- Meeting with other medical professionals to determine the type of anesthesia or sedation to desensitize the patient to pain.
- To control the amount of anesthesia and the patient's condition during the surgical procedure,
- Applying advanced life support techniques,
- Deciding that patients should be transferred to another room or that they have recovered or stabilized enough to be sent home following the outpatient clinic,
- To monitor the patient's condition before, during and after anesthesia, to take precautions against side effects or complications,
- Coordinating nurses, medical technicians and other healthcare providers,
- Conducting research to improve his knowledge of medical topics
What Education Is Required To Become An Anesthesiologist?
To become an anesthesiologist, it is necessary to fulfill the following requirements;
- To graduate with a bachelor's degree from the six-year medical faculties of universities,
- To be successful by taking the Medical Specialization Exam,
- To qualify for a professional title after four years of specialization training
Features That An Anesthesiologist Should Have
The anesthesiologist who observes the patient's condition during the surgical procedure is expected to be highly concentrated and a good observer. Other qualifications that employers look for in an anesthesiologist include;
- Ability to work under intense stress
- Having excellent hand-eye coordination,
- Demonstrate problem-solving and effective decision-making skills,
- Have the physical ability to stand for long periods of time
Anesthesiologist Salaries 2022
As the Anesthesiologist progresses in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 30.530 TL, the average 37.440 TL, the highest 45.800 TL.