The microbiologist examines the process from the emergence to extinction of organisms that are invisible to the naked eye, such as bacteria. Microbiology specialists can work in public institutions and organizations and private companies.
What Does a Microbiologist Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
Microbiologists usually work in a laboratory setting and examine incoming samples. For this reason, first of all, microbiology specialists are expected to work by paying attention to occupational health and safety. Apart from this, the duties and responsibilities of microbiology specialists are listed as follows;
- To examine the tissue or similar material reaching the laboratory and to assist in diagnosis,
- After examining the materials such as tissues and body fluids sent to the laboratory with different methods, transferring the data to the colleague who made the referral,
- To consider the questions and suggestions from colleagues from different branches of expertise.
What Education Is Required to Become a Microbiology Specialist?
Those who want to become a microbiology specialist must first complete the departments of universities such as Medicine, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Pharmacy and Veterinary. After graduating, he/she should get sufficient score from TUS (Medical Specialization Education Entrance Exam) and receive specialized training in the field of microbiology. After all this training process, people who reach the title of microbiology specialist can also work in different sectors such as medicine, food or medicine.
Required Qualities of a Microbiology Specialist
Microbiologists usually work in a laboratory environment and therefore deal with routine work. Not getting bored with routine work and being disciplined are among the qualifications sought in microbiology specialists. Other qualifications sought in microbiology specialists are listed as follows;
- Having high attention and concentration skills,
- Having completed or exempted from military service,
- To be suitable for teamwork,
- To follow professional innovations and adapt easily,
- To have high communication skills.
Microbiology Specialist Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries of those working in the position of Microbiology Specialist are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 5.850 TL, the highest 6.800 TL.
Günceleme: 04/01/2023 08:32