The people who use the construction equipment used in road construction works are called grader operators. The grader operator, who carries out his services by taking into account the general working principles of the enterprises, works in a wide business area. The grader operator safely handles many jobs, from land and road leveling to snow removal. The operator also takes the responsibility of finishing the job alone within a certain time. He continues to work in works such as regulating, cutting slopes, trenching and soil loosening.
What Does a Grader Operator Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The grader operator also pays attention to work and worker safety while working in line with the general principles of the business he serves. Some duties of the operator, who use the equipment safely and effectively, draw attention.
- Inspecting the work site before the work,
- Selecting the additional tools and equipment necessary for the job,
- To maintain the grader at certain periods,
- Not neglecting brake tests by foreseeing possible problems,
- Checking fuel and oil levels at regular intervals,
- Inclining the road and continuing the ground loosening works,
- Keeping records of the maintenance and repair of the grader while performing leak checks,
- Taking care of the cleaning of the grader regularly,
- Reporting major faults to the authorities while fixing minor faults.
What are the Requirements to Become a Grader Operator?
If you are over the age of 19, you can become a grader operator. In addition to the lower age limit, there is also the condition of not being convicted in order to attend the trainings. If you meet these requirements and have at least a primary school diploma, you can become a grader operator. A health report is also requested from those who want to be a grader operator.
What Training Is Required to Become a Grader Operator?
To become a grader operator, it is necessary to have a G-class driver's license. During the trainings, courses such as Engine, Traffic, Grader Control Panel Introduction, Grader Usage (practical), Grader Maintenance and Repair, Field Analysis and Occupational Safety are given.
Grader Operator Salaries 2022
As the Grader Operator progresses in their careers, the positions they work and the average salaries they receive are the lowest 5.990 TL, the average 9.300 TL, and the highest 16.000 TL.