They are the staff who serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, hot and cold drinks and various snack foods to the guests who come to the bar. Bartender and barmaid positions should use their presentation skills to provide the best catering and service to the guests who come to the bar. In English, a man working in this profession is called a "bartender" and a woman is called a "barmaid".
What Does a Bartender / Barmaid Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
- To have skills such as preparing and serving drinks and to improve themselves in this regard,
- Being talented in creating flavors that are compatible with each other,
- Dominating the bar where he works, knowing which drinks are where,
- Treating guests with a smile and welcoming them well,
- Being skilled in sales
- Having the ability to persuade
- Being patient and energetic,
- Giving importance to professionalism and working with this awareness,
- Responsible for the cleanliness and order of the bar.
- To be able to follow the financial inputs and outputs, to have knowledge and experience in the control process.
- To have proper diction and to take care of personal care.
- What It Takes To Become A Bartender / Barmaid
- Anyone who wants to take part in and contribute to bar organizations, who wants to specialize in the profession of bartending and who wants to carry it to a professional career can become a bartender / barmaid.
What Training Do You Need To Become A Bartender / Barmaid?
- Tourism Vocational School, Tourism Vocational High School graduates are preferred first.
- Regular high school graduates, on the other hand, must receive training under the name of "Professional Bartending and Mixology Training", within the scope of intensive programs from any academy, with the approval of the Ministry of National Education.
- In addition, it is advantageous to participate in various bartending or barmaid certificate programs approved by the National Education.
- Starting from an early age in positions such as assistant waiter, experience with master-apprentice relationship kazanmac is helpful.
- There are also tourism companies that require bartender / barmaid candidates to be at least a high school graduate.
- Candidates who will be employed in businesses, hotels, restaurants and bars, especially in regions where foreign tourists are very concentrated, may require that candidates know primarily English and Russian or German as a reason for preference.
Bartender Salaries 2022
Bartender / Barmaid positions and average salaries as they progress in their careers. Minimum 4.250 TL, average 5.180 TL, highest 11.370 TL