CHP Edirne Deputy Assoc. Dr. Okan Gaytancıoğlu, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Adil Karaismailoğlu, Edirne Halkalı He asked about the delays in train services and the latest status of the High Speed Train project.
Assoc. Dr. Gaytancıoğlu stated in the parliamentary question “Halkalı- Edirne, which has not been improved and has not been working for about 5 years, on the pretext of the Kapikule High Speed Train Project. Halkalı Train services were resumed in the past months. However, according to the news in our press; These expeditions have turned into a complete torture for our citizens. Due to the daily delays and the extremely slow travel in many parts, the journeys that should be completed in 4 hours exceed 7 hours.
On the other hand, there are news that the ongoing high-speed train project has stopped due to lack of funds.
Reminding that the high-speed train was built with the support of the European Union, CHP Edirne Deputy Assoc. Dr. Gaytancıoğlu said, “Apparently, the money coming from the EU was used and when it came to the treasury resources, the fact of plundered treasury was encountered. We are skeptical about how many of the promised structures of the project, which is said to be completed in 2023, will be completed. We do not know how it will be with this exchange rate, with this economic policy, with the treasury.”
CHP Edirne Deputy Assoc. Dr. Okan Gaytancıoğlu asked the following questions to Minister of Transport and Infrastructure Adil Karaismailoğlu:
- Edirne Halkalı Do you plan to take any action regarding delays in train services?
- It was previously stated that it will enter service in 2023. Halkalı-Is it true that the Kapikule High Speed Train Project has stopped due to lack of funds?
- Halkalı-Is the news that the contractor company that made the Kapikule High Speed Train Project made a loss due to the exchange rate difference and stopped the works?
- HalkalıAre the claims that some parts of the Kapikule High Speed Train Project will be opened with old infrastructures before the new infrastructures foreseen to be built in the project are completed?
- When will the rehabilitation of pastures and other agricultural areas damaged during the works be completed?