📩 04/01/2023 08:32
Anesthesiologist is a medical specialist who assists the doctor, nurse and anesthesiologist before the surgical procedure. Assists the anesthesiologist in the preparation and use of anesthesia equipment, materials and drugs.
What Does An Anesthesia Technician Do? What are their Duties and Responsibilities?
The main responsibility of the anesthesiologist is to assist the anesthesiologist before, during and after the surgical procedure and to fulfill the duties assigned to him. Other professional obligations of anesthesiologist are as follows;
- Preparing medications prior to anesthesia, helping to set up equipment, and making sure all reusable equipment is washed and sterilized.
- Helping patients move from their rooms to the operating room, ensuring their safety and comfort,
- Removing disposable items after anesthesia, sterilizing equipment,
- Monitoring the patient's vital signs during the surgical procedure,
- Assisting the anesthesiologist in the placement of breathing tubes to the patient,
- Reporting defective anesthesia tools to the relevant department,
- Ensuring the supply of anesthesia equipment stock,
- Organizing and maintaining the anesthesia study room,
- Working in collaboration with an anesthesiologist to develop a personalized care plan that reflects clinical findings.
- Providing patient care according to the instructions of the anesthesiologist,
- To be faithful to patient privacy.
What Education Is Required To Become An Anesthesia Technician?
To become an anesthesia technician, universities are required to graduate from the two-year Anesthesia associate degree program.
Features Required in Anesthesiologist
The anesthesia technician, who is considered the right hand of the anesthesiologist, is expected to work detail-oriented and to have command of the anesthesia protocol. Other features that employers look for in anesthesia technicians are as follows;
- Being able to use various electrical and mechanical devices used for testing,
- To know emergency procedures and to have knowledge of cardiac massage (CPR) application,
- To be able to work efficiently with minimum supervision,
- Having the physical ability to move the anesthesia equipment,
- Ability to work under intense stress
- Having hand-eye coordination,
- Ability to work in a team or individually,
- No military obligation for male candidates; has fulfilled its duty, suspended or been exempted.
Anesthesiologist Salaries 2022
As they progress in their careers, the positions they work in and the average salaries of the Anesthesiologist are the lowest 5.500 TL, the average 5.740 TL, the highest 9.920 TL.