An animation artist is responsible for creating and drawing color and motion images featured in television, film and video games.
What Does An Animation Artist Do, What Are Their Duties?
The general professional responsibilities of the animation artist, whose job description differs according to the project he is working on, are as follows;
- Converting ideas into graphics and animations using modeling and animation programs,
- Creating characters for television, movies or video games using computer programs,
- Prepare storyboards to help the design team visualize the animation sequences.
- Adding dimension to designs by using color and light effects,
- Improve the timing of character movements for synchronization with the soundtrack.
- Collaborating with clients and production team members to understand needs, review scenarios, design story scenarios, and create and edit animations.
- Working with editors to put together animation layers, including background and graphics.
- Ensuring that the final product is compatible with the customer's needs and is delivered within the budget and on time,
- Presenting the final version of the animation for customer approval.
How To Become An Animation Artist?
- Having knowledge of software such as Flash, 3d studio max, Maya, Lightwave, Softimage and Cinema 4D,
- Have a good understanding of colour, texture and light
- Demonstrate an inclination to teamwork,
- Complying with deadlines,
- Having verbal and written communication skills,
- To be able to adapt to the fast-paced work environment.
Animation Artist Salaries 2022
The lowest Animation Artist salary received in 2022 is 5.700 TL, the average Animation Artist salary is 6.700 TL, and the highest Animation Artist salary is 9.800 TL.