Deciding to establish a second Homologation Department within the Global Bus Development Department, Daimler Truck established a new team at Mercedes-Benz Türk Hoşdere Bus R&D Center after Germany.
Thus, the company created an environment where other departments in the R&D Center could consult, exchange views and find answers to their questions easily on certain issues related to homologation.
Daimler Truck has decided to establish a second Homologation Division within the Global Bus Development Department. In line with the said decision, a new team was formed at the Mercedes-Benz Türk Hoşdere Bus R&D Center.
Attaching great importance to research and development activities, Daimler Truck has established a second Homologation Department due to the importance of following the constantly developing product technologies and the requirements brought by the diversified regulations accordingly. Thus, the company created an environment where other departments at Mercedes-Benz Türk Hoşdere Bus R&D Center could consult, exchange views and find answers to their questions easily on certain issues related to homologation.
The new team also includes a “Technical Compliance Management System-tCMS” specialist. Technical Compliance Management System; It directs the bus development studies in Turkey regarding the scope of safety and emission issues that are not clearly defined in technical regulations and standards, considering product responsibility and safety.
The main fields of activity of the new team, created under the roof of Mercedes-Benz Türk Hoşdere Bus R&D Center, will be as follows:
- Following the national type approval processes of the buses offered to the Turkish, American and Gulf countries markets,
- Supporting the local sales team in the market in homologation/certification requirements of export markets outside the European Union (USA, UK, Taiwan etc.),
- outside the vehicle homologation process; but following the laws and regulations that may affect the operation of the vehicles in the field,
- Following the updates made in the regulations and notifying the development teams,
- Support, communication and information sharing in the homologation processes of superstructure manufacturers,
- System approval of all new designs, serial changes and customer special requests within the scope of development, UN R118 flammability requirements, and monitoring of compliance of bus development studies all over the world with flammability regulation.