dental technician; It is the professional title given to the person who makes and ensures that removable, jaw and dental prostheses applied to the jaw and face area in a laboratory environment in order to restore the lost teeth and oral functions in accordance with the treatment method determined by the dentists.
What Does a Dental Technician Do, What Are Their Duties?
The duties of the dental technician, who practice in accordance with the treatment methods of dentists, are as follows:
- To prepare a model suitable for the mouth measurements taken from the patient by the dentist,
- To provide shaping of removable and fixed partial dentures on the models he has prepared,
- To prepare removable or partial dentures in accordance with the mouth measurements taken from the patient as fully edentulous or semi-toothed by dentists,
- Aesthetic appearance with leveling and polishing of dentures kazanto climb,
- Reproducing prostheses by casting method,
- make teeth alignment,
- Making wax modeling and acrylic processes,
- To make prostheses suitable for use in the mouth,
- Repairing broken or cracked dentures,
- Preparing removable orthodontic appliances,
- To make simple repairs and maintenance of the devices and tools used.
How to Become a Dental Technician?
Schools that can be trained to become a dental technician are as follows:
- To graduate from the Department of Dental Prosthesis Technician in the programs of vocational schools,
- To graduate from the Department of Dental Prosthesis Technician and Oral and Dental Health in associate degree programs of universities,
- To graduate from the Department of Dentist, Dental Prosthesis Technician in undergraduate programs of universities.
Dental Technician Salaries 2022
The lowest Dental Technician salary received in 2022 is 5.200 TL, the average Dental Technician salary is 5.400 TL, and the highest Dental Technician salary is 6.000 TL.