The patient consultant organizes the appointment and outpatient clinic processes of the patients. It makes billing, provides guidance to the patient and their relatives.
What Does a Patient Counselor Do, What Are His Duties?
Other professional obligations of the patient counselor, who organizes the examination, examination and hospitalization of the patients after the admission process, are as follows;
- Welcoming patients and checking registration information,
- Planning the appointment, surgery, and examination dates of the patients,
- Checking the daily patient appointment list,
- Ensuring that the appointment list is sent to the doctors,
- Compiling patient charts, reports and correspondence and registering them in the system,
- Answering the phones and directing the calls to the appropriate personnel,
- To direct laboratory and examination results to doctors and personnel,
- Interviewing patients to fill out medical history, insurance form and other documents.
- Informing the patient about the examination and the cost and directing the patient to the place where the examination will be performed,
- Performing invoicing processes,
- Communicating with relatives of patients who come to the emergency department,
- To ensure communication between the patient and their relatives and the doctor,
- To accompany the patient,
- To keep patient records confidential by adopting the principle of privacy,
- To inform the security unit in forensic cases.
How to Become a Patient Counselor?
To be a patient counselor, it is necessary to have completed at least high school education. There are Patient Admission and Medical Secretary certificate programs in various universities and courses.
Other qualities of a patient counselor who is successful in human relations and cares about personal care are as follows;
- Demonstrate persuasion and communication skills,
- Demonstrate a predisposition to teamwork,
- To have a sense of responsibility,
- Demonstrate the skills to produce solutions in the face of problems,
- Demonstrate planning and organizational skills
- Being patient, flexible and tolerant,
- To behave in accordance with professional ethics,
- Having a positive attitude and high motivation,
- Demonstrate skills to cope with stressful and emotional situations
Patient Counselor Salaries 2022
The lowest Patient Counselor salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.200 TL, the average Patient Counselor salary was 5.600 TL, and the highest Patient Counselor salary was 6.400 TL.