Employees as hosts are responsible for welcoming guests and responding to their needs to provide a welcoming and comfortable environment. It serves in indoor and outdoor venues such as restaurants, hotels, bars, fairs, festivals and buses.
What Does a Host Do, What Are Its Duties?
- Greet incoming and outgoing guests with a smile and eye contact,
- To guide the guests to the venue,
- Event, fair etc. to inform about the organization programs,
- Providing beverage service to guests in a friendly and professional manner,
- To assist people who request information or want to make a reservation over the phone,
- Making sure that everything that guests may need is neat and clean,
- Paying attention to the needs of guests throughout their visit to ensure they receive high quality service.
- To serve by adhering to hygiene and safety policies.
How to Become a Host?
- Being able to take a positive stance,
- Being able to hear well even in a loud environment to answer the phone and respond to guest requests,
- Demonstrate the physical ability to stand up during the entire study period,
- Ability to work in a high-tempo environment
- Ability to communicate effectively on the phone
- Giving importance to appearance and personal hygiene,
- Ability to work in variable business hours
- To have a flexible structure that can serve different customer profiles,
- To contribute to teamwork
Host Salaries 2022
The lowest Host salary received in 2022 was determined as 5.200 TL, the average Host salary was 6.800 TL, and the highest Host salary was 16.000 TL.