The chief of security, who is responsible for ensuring the safety of life and property in public or private institutions, is also responsible for ensuring general coordination regarding security. It integrates the security network in accordance with the institution it works for. Today, when security is a necessity, the security manager carries out all the necessary work to ensure peace in the corporate working environment.
What Does a Security Chief Do, What Are His Duties?
The general duties of the security chiefs, who carry out the necessary works to ensure that the commercial or other activities of the company are carried out without interruption, and that the personnel or other persons are safe, can be listed as follows:
- To reinforce the security personnel when needed, to establish certain criteria about the adequacy of the personnel in the recruitment process,
- To ensure the coordination between the security personnel and to prepare the duty schedule of the personnel,
- To ensure the safety of all employees in the company by acting in an organized manner with its team,
- To determine the procedures and policies regarding security,
- To determine if there are security breaches in the company and to take the necessary precautions,
- Assessing security risk and working in collaboration with official law enforcement agencies,
- Preparing the security budget,
- To determine the necessary equipment for security and to complete the deficiencies,
- To update the security measures in accordance with the technology.
How to Become a Chief of Security?
- He must be disciplined.
- Must have a sense of responsibility.
- Must be meticulous and careful.
- Must have conflict resolution skills.
- Must be solution oriented.
- Must be able to quickly produce effective solutions to problems.
Security Chief Salaries 2022
The lowest Security Chief salary in 2022 was determined as 5.300 TL, the average Security Chief salary was 7.000 TL, and the highest Security Chief salary was 14.500 TL.