Head nurse; They are the people who manage the nurses in health institutions such as health centers and hospitals. With the latest regulation, the name of the Head Nurses working in the public sector has been changed to "Health Care Services Manager".
What Does a Head Nurse Do, What Are Their Duties?
The title of Head Nurse is given to people who are assigned to ensure that patient care services are carried out in the best way in health institutions and to manage nurses and midwives. The duties and responsibilities of the head nurses are as follows:
- Leading the team he manages,
- To ensure that the treatment of patients is maintained in a reliable and healthy manner in accordance with the institution's policies,
- To ensure that the deficiencies and errors made while performing the services are regulated,
- To ensure the self-development of nurses, midwives and auxiliary services personnel working in the team and to train them,
- To check whether the treatment, care and cleaning works of the patients are carried out regularly,
- Coordinating the work of the subordinate team.
How to Become a Head Nurse?
Requirements to be a head nurse differ in the public and private sectors. In order to fulfill this duty in public hospitals, it is one of the prerequisites to be a Head Nurse to have a 4-year education from health departments such as Midwifery, Nursing, Dietician, regardless of the field of universities. The private sector generally prefers Nursing Department graduates. In addition, private hospitals also request experience in the field of nursing. In order to be a head nurse in university hospitals, it is necessary to have at least a master's degree.
Even if there is no requirement in the law for women to fulfill the duty of head nurse, it is not very common to see men performing this profession in public hospitals. Although there is no such requirement in the private sector, male head nurses are encountered.
Head Nurse Salaries 2022
The lowest head nurse salary received in 2022 was determined as 6.000 TL, the average head nurse salary was 9.000 TL, and the highest head nurse salary was 13.000 TL.